Help! My genesis 3 figures are screwed up.

I bought some new content today, and when I went to install it shows there was product update for gen 3 female and male, so I installed them. Now all of my figures are dead. Can't make any new ones. 

All I get is a basic outline of a figure shown in tiny little brackets. 

I have unsinstalled the genesis 3 starter essentials for both, couple of times now, did the db maintenance thing, havent gotten anywere. I was thinking of redownloading them in case the got corrupted, but I cant find any download links, I am using the install manager, it shows them as ready to install, but not ready to download. 

Any ideas here. I had this happen on my last computer and cant I dont think I ever figured it out, I gave up back then, and now with the new computer plus all the money I spent od content I don't want to give up on daz altogether. So how can I fix this problem?

Thanks you, Brian

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

How did you originally install them...before this update?

If you manually installed them, then there is a chance that DIM and Studio are not on the same page as to where the content is...

• I've always installed everything through the DIM. Never had any issues before with anything since I started using Daz Studio again. I am also trying to delete the packes, then uninstall so it forces a new download of them. Strange thing though is that under the installed tab, it only shows starter essentials for genesis 3, but doesnt show the updates, so maybe while i am uninstalling them and re installing them, maybe that damn update is holding itself in daz studio so I cant get rid of it.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

Strange thing though is that under the installed tab, it only shows starter essentials for genesis 3, but doesnt show the updates, so maybe while i am uninstalling them and re installing them, maybe that damn update is holding itself in daz studio so I cant get rid of it.

When you update a pack you basically uninstall it and reinstall the newest version of the package. So as far as "installed" tab is concerned you simply installed the product.

• I tryed about everything to get them to work again. I had to do a system restore to fix the problem. This time I didn't update the genesis 3's. For anyone who might be wondering.