Bethany 7 + Simple Dresses

So I'm trying to take Bethany7 to a wedding and I put Simple Dresses on her (http://www.daz3d.com/simple-dresses-genesis-3-female-s) and I get what you see in the screenshot.  It will not conform to her sitting position.  I've tried re-fitting it to her, every pose slider possible... I can't get that dress to bend.  I checked the store page and it doesn't actually say it conforms to sitting positions, but don't they all?  I'm not sure what to do here.  Suggestions?  I'm probably missing something simple since I'm over-tired.

Bethany 7 - Simple Dresses.jpg
1436 x 796 - 438K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Skirts usually aren't rigged to follow the legs.  In your screenshot use the "Left Thigh Front" and "Right Thigh Front" to bend the upper portion of the skirt forward, and the Skirt Back dial to bend the lower portion down again.  Once you've got it roughly in position you can add a smoothing modifier to make sure the legs don't poke through.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Skirts usually aren't rigged to follow the legs.  In your screenshot use the "Left Thigh Front" and "Right Thigh Front" to bend the upper portion of the skirt forward, and the Skirt Back dial to bend the lower portion down again.  Once you've got it roughly in position you can add a smoothing modifier to make sure the legs don't poke through.

I tried those otions, but they didn't work.  Ah well.  I'll see what else she has in her closet.  Thanks though!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I don't have the product, but the store page says it comes with a bunch of poses. It doesn't bother to tell you what those poses are, though, or even show promo images of them. angry

Maybe one is a sitting pose. You could try them and see what happens. I assume they are poses to apply to the dress, but the store page doesn't even explain that.

barbult said:

I don't have the product, but the store page says it comes with a bunch of poses. It doesn't bother to tell you what those poses are, though, or even show promo images of them. angry

Maybe one is a sitting pose. You could try them and see what happens. I assume they are poses to apply to the dress, but the store page doesn't even explain that.

Yeah, like I mentioned, I've tried every slider related to the dress, but they all only seem to move the dress from a standing perspective, with one possibly if she were kneeling.  Nothing would 'bend' the dress to come even close to a sitting position.  It's a nice dress though, but I'll have to try something else for this scene.

Thanks.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Poses are not generally "sliders", so if you literally meant "sliders", perhaps you only found the morphs. Did you look in the Content Library pane in the Products section to find the Simple Dresses product and see if there are icons there for poses? If so, try selecting the dress and double clicking on each of those poses to see what they do to the dress.

You could also consider submitting a help request to see if Daz customer service can help you with this product. If I owned this, I would be asking them for documentation about what these poses are and how to apply them. Some vendors make clothing poses to match a specific set of character poses, but those vendors specify what character poses their clothing poses correspond to. This product did not do that, so it is anyones's guess what those poses are for.

barbult said:

Poses are not generally "sliders", so if you literally meant "sliders", perhaps you only found the morphs. Did you look in the Content Library pane in the Products section to find the Simple Dresses product and see if there are icons there for poses? If so, try selecting the dress and double clicking on each of those poses to see what they do to the dress.

You could also consider submitting a help request to see if Daz customer service can help you with this product. If I owned this, I would be asking them for documentation about what these poses are and how to apply them. Some vendors make clothing poses to match a specific set of character poses, but those vendors specify what character poses their clothing poses correspond to. This product did not do that, so it is anyones's guess what those poses are for.

The only pose that came with the dress was for the shoes.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Have you looked in the scene tab under hip to see if there are any movement handles? I add ghost bones to my dresses so you can bed the skirt so it sits, so it may have something like that. Open up hip until you can see what is there.

Wilmap said:

Have you looked in the scene tab under hip to see if there are any movement handles? I add ghost bones to my dresses so you can bed the skirt so it sits, so it may have something like that. Open up hip until you can see what is there.

I never would have suspected that.  There were two.  It's still pretty ugly since there's nothing to tell you what the 36 (18 upper and 18 lower) Pose Shape sliders do, but it's a start.  Now to see if I can get rid of the pleates and make it look like an actual skirt.  Wow... lots of work for a dress...

Dress 2.jpg
    1493 x 885 - 477K