Lianna 9 - looking good

Comments

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106
    Bought character and HD add-on....Another great core figure by Daz!
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,181

Definitely love the character and bundle. The aesthetics hail back to the G3 and even G2 and V4 era, which has been sorely missing since the introduction of G8.1 in core characters. Those who don't like it have plenty of "realism" options to choose from the G8.1 and G9 lines, but I'm voting with my wallet and got this slightly more stylized lady.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

Like the character, want almost nothing from her bundle.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,220
    edited June 21

Cybersox said:

At $17.01 the Pro bundle was a no brainer, even if it is a rather eclectic group of items.  That said, she does have a nice sculpt and texture, so I'm surprised there haven't been more comments in this thread.     

? I'm seeing about $55, how did you get $17?

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,075

Catherine3678ab said:

If you're eligible, there is the JUNETEENTH coupon, still valid today:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/691501/juneteenth-coupon

It's useable multiple times, and will apply a 30% discount on the first eligible item in your cart, so place the bundle first and you'll get the it for $38.65

Then, there is the 20% with the new Welcome Artists:

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-welcomes

Without tokens, I think the best you can get is a $34.12 with the cheapest item from Jay Versluis (textures for a dress). If you don't have the dress, the second best is a $34.32 cart with the cheapest item from Dieggo Masamune.

And then, to go as low as $17, you'll need 8 tokens.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,316

Elor said:

Catherine3678ab said:

It's useable multiple times, and will apply a 30% discount on the first eligible item in your cart, so place the bundle first and you'll get the it for $38.65

Without tokens, I think the best you can get is a $34.12 with the cheapest item from Jay Versluis (textures for a dress). If you don't have the dress, the second best is a $34.32 cart with the cheapest item from Dieggo Masamune.

Was not interested in Lianna, but picked up Olympia 9 Pro Bundle for $15.09 & Van Helsing 9 Pro Bundle for $19.40

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited June 21

This is Lianna with head at 75% plus several other combined morphs at small degrees. I just rarely use characters out of the box. The lashes were barely visible so used Lashes Utilities and used makeup from Mira. Wish the bundle came with makeup and more eyes colors (only came with one!) instead of all that drow and fantasy stuff. Her body looks totally normal and less stylized than some of the promo renders to me. 

C50A92ED-6C90-493B-838D-92099A5FB650.jpeg
    746 x 1016 - 189K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,220

Elor said:

Catherine3678ab said:

... tokens, of course ... oh well. Thanks for replying :-) 

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

I was able to get the Pro bundle down to just over $30, but then realized what I really like is the character itself. I was able to get the character for $3.79, less than most of the "curated" items in my Lightning Deals. I really like Lianna 9!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792
    edited June 22

The body looks different to me. Not as skinny as the promos and the breasts seem less perky? I still like her but wish she came with more eye colors and makeup, although, of course I can borrow from other sources, but still... 

IMG_1590.jpeg
    772 x 1024 - 327K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,924
    edited June 22

As with 99% of all characters. Great top notch sculpt on the face, but the torso, arms and legs look to much like stylized comic book characters.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,316
    edited June 22

Lianna 9 Darkholme Texture Add-on - https://www.daz3d.com/lianna-9-darkholme-texture-add-on

"Skin includes nipple placement and anatomical elements for masculine and feminine characters", unfortunately could not find male nipple texture in the file.

Paint Shop Pro and Sickleyeild's SY Flexible Skins and Merchant Resource for Genesis 9 to the rescue. https://www.daz3d.com/sy-flexible-skins-and-merchant-resource-for-genesis-9

Did some cloning of the base texture to remove the female nipple and added a layer with the male nipples from Sickleyeilds textures, multiplied the nipple texture and adjusted the opacity.

Result one male texture !

G9M Lianna 9 Blue Skin.png
    2440 x 1022 - 754K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,216

We have sent in a query on the apparent lack of male nipples on the Darkholme maps.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,206

Me: June has been crazy, I think I should really take a break and spend a little less here...

DAZ: What if Ana de Armas but we cast her as both Mytique and Sylvanas Windrunner?

Me: ...on the other hand, do I really need two kidneys?

• Richard Haseltine said:

We have sent in a query on the apparent lack of male nipples on the Darkholme maps.

The Undead Elven Add-On shares the same description as the Darkholme product and has the same lack of anything describing male nipples in the file list. It may be worth raising a query on that item too if you haven't already.

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The Undead Elven Add-On shares the same description as the Darkholme product and has the same lack of anything describing male nipples in the file list. It may be worth raising a query on that item too if you haven't already.

Thank you, I will add that.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 352

Without reading through this whole thread ... has anyone else had the issue where her eyebrows render white? I can't find any materials for them.

I load Lianna HD and her eyebrows render white. Where are the textures to give them color.

Okay. I see. It's not just Lianna's eyebrows. All Omni Hair renders white regardless of what color I apply to it. What causes that?

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,602

I think it is because you need to download the shader resource set. Possibly

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

Wonderland said:

The body looks different to me. Not as skinny as the promos and the breasts seem less perky? I still like her but wish she came with more eye colors and makeup, although, of course I can borrow from other sources, but still... 

Thanks for posting your renders/images using Lannan 9. They made me realize that her fingers aren't so bad. I ended up getting the pro bundle because I liked enough things in it (i.e. will actually use them over half of them) that it was well worth the little over $30.00 I paid.

No renders yet, but I'm really happy with the customized version of her that I've created. Thanks again!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378

DarkElf said:

Okay. I see. It's not just Lianna's eyebrows. All Omni Hair renders white regardless of what color I apply to it. What causes that?

Which version of DS do you use?
    edited June 23

Leana said:

DarkElf said:

DS 4.22.1.58. I have the shader pack for omni hair.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

DarkElf said:

Leana said:

DarkElf said:

DS 4.22.1.58. I have the shader pack for omni hair.

So that is the beta, does it point to the same content directories as the main DS (and in the same order) - otherwise it's possible that it isn't seeing the updated Default Resources (assuming you did update).

I shouldn't be getting beta anymore. I turned that off in the DIM as per a DAZ help tech. I'll have to look to see if it is still turned off.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997
    Also, you said you have the shader pack for Omni hair, but make sure you've also updated the DAZ Studio resources which has the actual shader files, not just the presets. If it is the beta, there should be a separate resources to download for the beta.

AlmightyQUEST said:

Also, you said you have the shader pack for Omni hair, but make sure you've also updated the DAZ Studio resources which has the actual shader files, not just the presets. If it is the beta, there should be a separate resources to download for the beta.

How would I do this? I see no updates in the DIM for it nor within DS itself. I have uninstalled the Resources and reinstalled them. Would not that have given me any updated files?

Is the folder that DIM is isntalling to the first content directory selected in Daz Studio? If not, and if a folder ahead of it in the list has an older copy of the files, then DS will not be loading the current version of the shader.

GOOD NEWS! It is FIXED! Thank you to all who were trying to help me.

Actually, a couple of things are now fixed.

I will attempt to explain:

When I uninstalled my Default Resources the first time, I got a popup window during the process telling me something that I did not understand. I will attempt to attach it.

Not knowing what to do I clicked "Start Queue" and things proceeded.

When finished the Default Resources were apparently already installed because they were not in the available for installation section and they seemed to be there when I went to test DS. But, the Omni Hair still would not work.

So, I uninstalled the Default Resources again but this time I just closed the above window when it popped up.

Things took a while but when done not only was the omni hair issue fixed but my older version of DS which wouldn't update was updated to 4.22.0.16

Post will not upload with the attached pic. I must delete it.

edited June 23

I have attempted to attach the picture to which I was making reference above.

YAY! It worked this time!

Post edited by DarkElf on

A special thanks to you Richard for all the time you spend unselfishly helping people tike me on these forums!

Uninstall DFT Rscs.jpg
    250 x 231 - 32K