Raptor's Mysterious Immovable Toe

EscribanoEscribano Posts: 103

I recently purchased the Raptor for G 8.1 male (https://www.daz3d.com/raptor-hd-for-genesis-81-male). While I was posing it, I noticed a peculiarity; the Right Small Toe 1, which serves as the raptor's signature claw toe on the right foot, cannot be posed in any way. It is not locked, and it has valid min-max ranges in the parameter settings for the tranforms. Yet any attempt to move the sliders or manually enter values has no effect whatsoever.

The rest of the toes on the right foot are fully posable. The Left Small Toe 1, which serves as the claw toe on the left foot, can be posed normally as well. I compared the settings on the two toes, and I cannot see any difference.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why that one toe cannot be posed?

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,533

Escribano said:

It is not locked, and it has valid min-max ranges in the parameter settings for the tranforms. Yet any attempt to move the sliders or manually enter values has no effect whatsoever.

Are the local transforms ignored or disabled? (These toggles are hidden parameters on the bones themselves). 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,463

Odd. Rigging and weight maps look good. Limits and locks are good. There is one mystery Controller, though, only on the Right Small Toe 1 and 1_2: "Identity Transform control" that is not on the Left Small Toe nodes, nor on any other Right Small Toe nodes. I can't find that "Identity Transform control" anywhere in the Property Hierachy, and I have never seen it before. I am sure it is the source of the problem, but how to fix it? 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937

NorthOf45 said:

Odd. Rigging and weight maps look good. Limits and locks are good. There is one mystery Controller, though, only on the Right Small Toe 1 and 1_2: "Identity Transform control" that is not on the Left Small Toe nodes, nor on any other Right Small Toe nodes. I can't find that "Identity Transform control" anywhere in the Property Hierachy, and I have never seen it before. I am sure it is the source of the problem, but how to fix it? 

Please report this so it can be looked into.

Best if the OP makes the ticket. It is a new acquisition for them, and they will have some recourse in the future if it is not resolved to their satisfaction. @Escribano, feel free to quote from here, but, to be honest, don't expect a fix any time soon. Meanwhile, maybe someone else has some idea what to do. Maybe @JoeQuick can take a look...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,673
    edited July 4
    Post edited by crosswind on

Nice catch...

• EscribanoEscribano Posts: 103

frank0314 said:

NorthOf45 said:

Please report this so it can be looked into.

I will sumit a ticket. Thanks!