* Released * Alienator Pro II (for Ultra Scenery 2) [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

DoctorJellybean said:

alexhcowley said:

@martinjfrost has just brought out another useful add-on for Alienator Pro 2.  

I was quite startled to discover that I already have all the required plants!

https://www.daz3d.com/plant-sets-for-alienator-pro-2

Cheers,

Alex.

So do I but still useful as it contains the sets for AP 2

Exactly! Since I already have the required products and AP2 this product should prove extremely useful. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

alexhcowley said:

DoctorJellybean said:

alexhcowley said:

@martinjfrost has just brought out another useful add-on for Alienator Pro 2.  

I was quite startled to discover that I already have all the required plants!

https://www.daz3d.com/plant-sets-for-alienator-pro-2

Cheers,

Alex.

So do I but still useful as it contains the sets for AP 2

Exactly! Since I already have the required products and AP2 this product should prove extremely useful. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Right now it is very broken, though. Some of the sets don't even show up in AP2 to be selected, because of errors in the JSON files. Paths are wrong, among other things,

• RandomRandom Posts: 201
    edited August 3

Since the MF Plant Sets is kinda redundant and apparently not working too well as I too have all the listed plants but most are not showing up, maybe the concept should be changed as per some RSSY converters, i.e. as a script you can point to a folder and it will pick up all the plants with the appropriate info so you can choose those that are not too demanding on your system.

Post edited by Random on

Random said:

Since the MF Plant Sets is kinda redundant and apparently not working too well as I too have all the listed plants but most are not showing up, maybe the concept should be changed as per some RSSY converters, i.e. as a script you can point to a folder and it will pick up all the plants with the appropriate info so you can choose those that are not too demanding on your system.

Your wished for script sounds like you are describing the Alienator Pro 2 Set Builder script. Have you tried it?

• RandomRandom Posts: 201

Yes, of course. But the idea of the Plant Set was to make things easier, so I just extrapolated that.

• hergal3dhergal3d Posts: 28

Hi Totte. One time ago I purchased Ultrascenery 2 and Alienator II but have a strange problem, similar to that encountered by Random. The scenes I create with Ultrascenery are not compatible with Alienator and this message appears: "You need an Ultrascenery 2 node selected to run this script". Ultrascenery object is selected in the scene, but it doesn't appear with the nodes. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone resolved this?

Error 01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Error 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,838

hergal3d said:

Hi Totte. One time ago I purchased Ultrascenery 2 and Alienator II but have a strange problem, similar to that encountered by Random. The scenes I create with Ultrascenery are not compatible with Alienator and this message appears: "You need an Ultrascenery 2 node selected to run this script". Ultrascenery object is selected in the scene, but it doesn't appear with the nodes. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone resolved this?

Just tested and I see that the name of the Node is changed to the name when you set a name of the scene when create it, not only the label ( I guess that changed in USC2 in an update  ). I think it was only the label that was changed before  (I need to check with HowieFarkes. But that is the problem. AP2 needs the name of the Node to be UltraScenery2, otherwise it doesnt know that it is that node (nothing else to identify it with).

@hergal3d: Sent a pm

• kaltlandkaltland Posts: 46

Is Alienator I completely unusable with ultra scenery II? 

I spent all my money on old ultra scenery stuff 

kaltland said:

Is Alienator I completely unusable with ultra scenery II? 

I spent all my money on old ultra scenery stuff 

Yes, as it works completely differently, Alienator Pro II is a complete rewrite. (Everything under the hood is changed in USC2), but you can use your USC1 ecologies in USC2. 

Btw, The Alienator Pro 2 fix for changed USC3 node name is finally in DIM (or was last Friday).

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 28
    edited September 3

Hi Totte,

I purchased Alienator Pro 2 but there is nothing in my account?

I have the order receipt, go into my order, it is there on the product list but there is nothing to download at all. I use Daz Central as well,and there is nothing at all coming through Daz Central either?

Weird. 

Post edited by Marty3D on

Marty3D said:

Hi Totte,

I purchased Alienator Pro 2 but there is nothing in my account?

I have the order receipt, go into my order, it is there on the product list but there is nothing to download at all. I use Daz Central as well,and there is nothing at all coming through Daz Central either?

Weird. 

It should install with DIM or DazCentral, but I prefer DIM (do not install Alienator Pro 2 with DazConnect as it does not understand how Connect install things and gets very lost

Check that it is in your product library in your accounts page.

It is in my products library in my accounts library that is the thing. If I go through website it shows the product with no download options or anything.

The product does not show up on my list through Daz Central though nothing at all.

Marty3D said:

It is in my products library in my accounts library that is the thing. If I go through website it shows the product with no download options or anything.

The product does not show up on my list through Daz Central though nothing at all.

I recommend to install using DIM (but DazCentral should also work and see it, otherwise file a ticket to customer support (I have no powers over how things are working in the store) 

@Marty3D I installed successfully with DIM, when it was first released, but something seems to have gone wrong. Like you said, there are no download options in the Product Library. Even the Product page in the store doesn't show any Install Types. I wonder if it is even available to download in DIM now, since you can't see it in Daz Central. Maybe @Totte can ask Daz about the problem.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 114858.jpg
    1481 x 1055 - 316K

barbult said:

@Marty3D I installed successfully with DIM, when it was first released, but something seems to have gone wrong. Like you said, there are no download options in the Product Library. Even the Product page in the store doesn't show any Install Types. I wonder if it is even available to download in DIM now, since you can't see it in Daz Central. Maybe @Totte can ask Daz about the problem.

OK, maybe something got screwed up with the update, I'll check!

OK, Alienator Pro II 2.0.1.19 is now downloadable, something had gone wrong somewhere when the update was processed.

Yes thanks all good now. :D 

Thanks for replying too  Barbult, it put my mind at rest that it wasn't just me. I had submitted a ticket so hopefully they won't think I'm wasting anyones time now its fixed.

Marty3D said:

Yes thanks all good now. :D 

Thanks for replying too  Barbult, it put my mind at rest that it wasn't just me. I had submitted a ticket so hopefully they won't think I'm wasting anyones time now its fixed. 

Good !
    You can always add a comment to your ticket and close it. 

Ok thanks.