Is this common?

MalandarMalandar Posts: 772

I just checked the lightning deals and saw  the Daisy 8 starter bundle for under 4 bucks so I thought okay sounds good, but let me check to see how good the deal would be and I started checking whether I owned anything in the bundle or not. I already own everything in the bundle... So why am I getting offered the opportunity to pay for items I already own AGAIN? Doesn't the store know if you own evberything in a bundle or not so that it does not try to sell you the same stuff again?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,734

this is normal. Just becasue you own everything in a bundle doesn't mean you purchased the actual bundle. I agree, it should  show that you own everything in the bundle and then the bundle itself, but I guess their code doesn't work like that.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,299
    edited July 15

Once in awhile a bundle sale will happen permitting the purchase of a bundle for "only" the cost of the items one does "not" have ... buying all the "free" bundles has been [so far] the only way to tell the system that we own them.

Always check the items on any bundles before purchase for the same reason.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

No, the store does not know - Their item tracking doesn't check to see if you have anything in the bundle. It only knows you don't own the bundle itself. I recommend getting the Daz Deals plugin. That will show items owned in a bundle when you load the bundle's product page - Owned items will be grayed out. That's very useful and will help you stay out of the bear traps. wink

The plugin is for your web browser, it's not a DS plugin. info here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii/p1

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,576

Sometimes bundles have bonuses which are only available in the bundle like the gloves in

https://www.daz3d.com/lalis-casual-style-bundle-40

That's pretty rare, I think

Still, pro bundles of adult characters used to be the only way to get dad genitalia for the characters. Otherwise, needed to shop at rotica 

• The store appears to be tracking your purchases by SKU number. Since the bundle is assigned a different SKU number from its constituent items, the bundle doesn't show up as one of your "owned" items, even when you've bought a license for all the items in the bundle. Welcome back to e-commerce, 2005 style.

So, inattentive or over-excited shoppers are probably making wholly redundant purchases occasionally. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937

rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

The store appears to be tracking your purchases by SKU number. Since the bundle is assigned a different SKU number from its constituent items, the bundle doesn't show up as one of your "owned" items, even when you've bought a license for all the items in the bundle. Welcome back to e-commerce, 2005 style.

So, inattentive or over-excited shoppers are probably making wholly redundant purchases occasionally. 

I've talked with web on several occasions on this very issue and they will be working on a fix or alteration at some point. A large portion of my wishlist is stuff I already own cause I bought the Mega Bundle or it was included in some other bundle. I does get very frustrating when shopping at times. I've been either to lazy or busy to go through the whole wishlist to pull everything out that has been purchased already.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

The store appears to be tracking your purchases by SKU number. Since the bundle is assigned a different SKU number from its constituent items, the bundle doesn't show up as one of your "owned" items, even when you've bought a license for all the items in the bundle. Welcome back to e-commerce, 2005 style.

When one owns all the items in a bundle, one must keep an eye on "Pay only for items you don't own"- offers

The last time they did that, I 'bought' around $5000 worth of bundles for zero dollars. 

PerttiA said:

When one owns all the items in a bundle, one must keep an eye on "Pay only for items you don't own"- offers

The last time they did that, I 'bought' around $5000 worth of bundles for zero dollars. 

Doing that screws up the structure of your library on the site. The library takes all those old things and puts them on top of the heap. It also changes the purchase date of those previously-purchased bundled items to the date you "bought" the bundles. It's bothersome. I did it once with some bundles, saw the result, and I wouldn't do it again. The Daz Deals plugin makes checking for purchased items quick and painless. One can also use the DD plugin to hide the bundle wrappers for bundles where one owns all the items. At least, that's how I see it.