Polish's Western Town Question

I already own the 'Old West' PC+ series of buildings. "Western Town" by Polish (http://www.daz3d.com/western-town) is currently on sale in Fast Grab. Is it significantly better than the 'Old West' series or otherwise worth getting also? Does anybody have any renders of it that aren't all brown like the promos?.

Thanks,

Charlie 

Comments

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

Looking at the clay render, there's a lot of nice geometry with the set. The colors on the promos look pretty realistic. Sunbleached wood, sandblasted paints and whitewash - seems pretty accurate.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

I don't have it but I had a play with it on a mates PC shortly after it came out. From memory the promos show pretty much what you get. Very sunbleached which is great if it's what your after. Still debating if I'll get it.

• read on the product page at the bottombelow list of what you get additional products used reality 4 for daz studio, so the renders are/were done via reality 4 sodon't know how many of those prom pics were done via reality 4 so how many were rendered via daz if any is unknown oh and it says it has poser files if your after those still it looks good

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,748
    edited February 2016

RDNA has an "Old West construction set" with expansions, I bought it during their holiday sale where it cost almost nothing. Here's a quick sample rendered in DS 3DL. The size is totally out of whack with DS though, had to scale the background to 4000% to make it fit.

oldwest_3dl.jpg
    1077 x 777 - 196K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited February 2016

Ithought it a good product. this is a 3DL render in DS 4.8.

This image does include some other products as well.

Elsie_AZ_Ghost_Town_050.png
    1528 x 930 - 2M
    Post edited by Etrigan on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    Etrigan said:

Love it. All the 'other products' in the background fill it up so realistically that you find yourself trying to peek around the horses.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited February 2016

Thanks, Spit!

This is the pic I wanted to load first. It shows more of Polish's work. I had to resize it first.

Elsie_AZ_Ghost_Town_Jpg_002.jpg
    2048 x 1246 - 366K
    Post edited by Etrigan on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,409
    edited February 2016
    Etrigan said:

Thanks. Nice render; I wish I'd seen it before the item was pulled from fast grab. I didn't get it then because I wasn't too thrilled with the promos. Oh well, I put it on my wishlist and I'm sure it will be on sale again

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited February 2016

Sorry Charlie Judge, I wandered off to find the thumb drive I thought I had some saved renders on and got diverted.

Unfortunately by the time I got back on track it was too late for either of us so I guess this stays in the wishlist for now.

Anyway, for what it's worth this was the best I found (was playing with skydomes so all the others have too much random colour to be any use in showing building textures).

WesternTownTest_006Crop1.jpg
    1126 x 849 - 674K
    Post edited by Pack58 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

I had this one awhile ago for Western Town. Sorry I couldn't help you before it went off Fast Grab, but anything by Polish has been excellent that I've rendered. That was just a quickie set I did to test the Angkor Wat lights with it when I was using 3DL.