Where Did My Dynamic Clothing Control Go in DS 4.8?

I just re-installed the Dynamic Clothing Control in DS 4.8 (mostly because I couldn't find the documentation for it).  I made sure I downloaded the correct OS version.  The product listing says it's upgraded to work with DS 4.5 and later.  Now it's vanished.  So why isn't it showing up in my About Plug-ins list?

Comments

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Ok - I uninstalled the one I just downloaded and now the plugin is back.  Only it's listed as Basic and I can't find the Cloth Properties panel that's shown in the documentation.  I remember it used to be there in a prior version of DAZ Studio.  I also remember setting wind and stuff like that and I can't find any of those controls.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

In DS got to the top menu bar Help > About Installed Plug-ins < Find the Dynamic clothing control and see if the serial number is entered, if not apply serial number and restart DS

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I made sure I downloaded the correct OS version.  The product listing says it's upgraded to work with DS 4.5 and later.

The Dynamics plugin is one of the awkward ones — it gets updated every time there's a new release version of D|S, and you must only install the plugin version that matches the D|S version. "D|S4.5 and later" is misleading. You must check the full four-figure version number of D|S, and you must install only the plugin that has the same two final version numbers. Any other plugin version will not work.

Note that a version of 4.8.0.55 doesn't mean you should match the "55", the four numbers are separated by the full stops, so instead of "five, five" the important numbers are "zero, fifty-five" — e.g. for that D|S version the matching plugin version was 1.5.0.55.

Note also that the only plugin version you can download is the current one, that goes with the current D|S version. If you downloaded a new plugin you can't use it with an old D|S version, and vice-versa.

I have a sinking feeling I already know the answer to this, but where do I get the matching version?
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    I have a sinking feeling I already know the answer to this, but where do I get the matching version?

If that feeling was...'I need to open a Customer Support ticket', then yep, that is where it is going...

Actually, it's that they'll tell me I have to upgrade to 4.9. But I'll still do it... thanks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

In the past CS has sent the matching version of the plugin...but it is on a one on one basis. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

FWIW, I'm one of the old fogey manual D|S installers, so I always make sure to get the Dynamics installer whenever I download a new D|S installer, and I keep all my old installers "just in case".

Note that, even if you have installed using DIM, that doesn't stop you manually downloading a spare copy of the installers from your Product Library page.