Custom Categories - Now I am really upset

2»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

I believe 4.9.0.63 also had bugs in the way it converted the DS 4.8 database to the 4.9 database. Those bug have been fixed in the latest DS 4.9.1.30, but if that bug bit you, your database may already be corrupted. Daz created a script to try to correct the problems, but the script did not resolve the problems I was having. You won't want to hear this, but I eventually gave up and reset my database and started over. I did not try to restore my previous custom categories. I literally started over. I hope you find a better solution. You have some good people giving you advice here.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2016

Ya sadly I am thinking this is what I may end up doing.  But I have no idea how to reset my data base.  I really really don't want to have to start my custom categories over.  It will be another two weeks of working all evening after work to get it done again....I don't maybe I will try and go back to 4.8 saved the install just in case.  Ilterally just want to start crying again at the thought of all that work.  I have so little time to do this as it is and having to spend another two weeks to make it workable again just makes me want to be sick.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2016

What is in the Content folder?

If it has another Runtime folder in it, that by itself can cause all sorts of havoc.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If you have the exported UserData then you should be able to restore those after resetting the database.  I'm not sure if getting DS to recognize the products installed with Connect will be a hassle, however.

This is the inside of the runtime folder.  No extra runtimes.   I haven't actually added any content to the poser side of things in several days so nothing has changed (or at least, not changed by me) from when it was working before.

Print Screen f.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 220K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

It looks like you've got a bunch of misplaced folders -- a good half of those should be under Runtime:Libraries, not directly under Runtime.

That's possible although I usually just drop them in whichever folder they came in. I can work on cleaning that up but that doesn't change the fact that its been working like that for at least 4 weeks lol.

I will go through and see if I can move stuff to where it belongs.  I'm assuming if there is a character folder in the runtime and one in the libraries the one in the runtime should be moved to the one in the libraries and merged?

Well its 1 am here so I am off to bed.  Will come back tomorrow and test out the library and runtime move.  Thanks so much for all the help so far its much appreciated!

Well I moved everything that looked like it went into the my libraries category.  Some of the stuff now turns the category white but its still not sticking.  i think at this point, my only option is to either uninstall daz and re install the newest version or uninstall and go back to 4.8.  I am not sure I understand how to do a clean install though without all the custom categories already there.  I would like to start like I had never installled the program so any advice would be appreciated.  Also opinions on wether to try the newest version of 4.9 or just stick with 4.8 for now.

This is the error message I am getting in the log file

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'Chic Halter.cr2', 'Chic Halter.cr2', 'Runtime/Libraries/Character/! DiYanira/CHIC HALTER', 'runtime/libraries/character/! diyanira/chic halter/chic halter.cr2', 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! DiYanira/CHIC HALTER/Chic Halter.cr2', '', 'Chic Halter.cr2,Chic Halter,cr2', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 1, 0, 't', '6ce80f333ade4b679fe7e3636523eec5', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-03-20 14:56:53', '2016-03-20 14:56:53') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"
    DETAIL:  Key (product_id)=(-10) is not present in table "product".

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentInsert: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

This is the error message I am getting in the log file

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (INSERT INTO "content" (product_id,product_path,filename,default_filename,path,file_and_path,last_filesystem_path,vendor_words,auto_words,user_words,description_id,note_id,content_type_id,compatibility_base_id,audience,group_num,hide,poser_type,studio_type,user_facing,hash,is_vendor,has_cloud_meta_data,is_installed,is_cloud_owned,needs_update,delete_on_update,date_created,last_update) VALUES (-10, '', 'Chic Halter.cr2', 'Chic Halter.cr2', 'Runtime/Libraries/Character/! DiYanira/CHIC HALTER', 'runtime/libraries/character/! diyanira/chic halter/chic halter.cr2', 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! DiYanira/CHIC HALTER/Chic Halter.cr2', '', 'Chic Halter.cr2,Chic Halter,cr2', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 'f', 1, 0, 't', '6ce80f333ade4b679fe7e3636523eec5', 'f', 'f', 't', 'f', 'f', 'f', '2016-03-20 14:56:53', '2016-03-20 14:56:53') RETURNING id) failed with exception: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentInsert: ERROR:  insert or update on table "content" violates foreign key constraint "content_product_id_fkey"

Somehow your "LOCAL USER" product got deleted. This shouldn't be allowed under the normal UI but I think a bug in an earlier version of Daz Studio 4.9.0.x would let that happen. If you upgrade to the latest beta version (or the latest release version, they are both the same right now) then Daz Studio will find and fix that problem and should let you reimport your data and get it back to where it was.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited March 2016

The erroer message is typical one which I have seen for me, or some users who lost custom category.

I think,, most of case,, Those who  have made original product meta-data,, then it failed  migration with user_data.

As for me,, I could correct it,, once reset DB, in 4.8,, then after migration DB in ds 4.9,, re-import user_data.dsx and User original product.dsx,   and If you are carrara user,, once you reset DB,, there is no way to use smart- content view,, in carrara at current..

because it need ds 4.8 DB records.   (though you  may need not,,,, you can serch  daz content without smart content in Carrara,, )

Then,,  I recommend  at ,first  up-date to ds 4.9 1. 30..   (current product version)   it is more stable, than ds 4.9 0.x .   and remove some prolbems about user category  already.

then if it still not work for you,,,, you may try  reset DB, and re-import user_data.dsx, and your hand-made product.dsx   (if you have made them) 

,but,, you may better correct current Runtime,, usually ,, "runtime" and "data" are loacated  under root content directory,  as mike suggested...  (then,, under runtime,set poser directories)

in my pic, I have two root directories  as DAZ content root),, then both have runtime, and data, in same hieralchy.

contents.PNG
    1257 x 611 - 107K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Thank you both.  I totally uninstalled the version I have and am in the process of installing the newest version from scratch.  I made sure all the folder etc were completely gone. So I will start from the beginning and do it all again lol.  I think at this rate I will be the worlds best custom categorizer lol.  I will say that I am becoming very very familiar with all of my content which isn't a bad thing per say.  Hopefully this will take care of it.  I do have 4.8 backed up worst case scenerio. 

I do appreciate all the help and patience from everyone its made this a bit easier to deal with.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,293

It's been a while, but this thread helped fix the issue for me.  An earlier beta from Feb. didn't fix it, but the latest did.  4.9.2.55 Pro Edition 64-bit.

It's been a while, but this thread helped fix the issue for me.  An earlier beta from Feb. didn't fix it, but the latest did.  4.9.2.55 Pro Edition 64-bit.

Glad it helped!  My categories are now working as they should as well since I updated to the newer version.  I did end up having to redo all of them but they do seem to be sticking and working just fine.

• AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53

Sorry to hear about the lost hours of work.

I am still using DS 4.8 and don't have any hurry to move along to 4.9. These types of potential risks were one of the reasons why I have waited with the upgrade. This thread may be useful again at some point if I or anyone else will experience similar problems.