DUF preset (pose) to hide a body part?

I'm still very new to Daz Studio from Poser and am wanting to make a pose (preset) that would let me hide one or more body parts, such as feet and toes, without the need to do this manually in the scene hiearchy.   In Poser I knew how to hack a pose file to do this, and the pz2 would also work in Daz Studio (at least it did so with V4/M4).  I am wondering if there is a way to create a duf file that would do this.  I ok with hacking a duf file if that is what it takes, however, I am still learning how Daz Studio files are set up to work so have not been able to figure this out yet - if it can be done.  Since the pz2 works (ie V4/M4) I presumet there may be a way to do this with a figure like Genesis 3 Female.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Use a Properties Preset, uncheck the Save ... box in all of the tabs except the last, turn that one on, uncheck the root item then burrow down to the bones you want to save the state of and check the Visible property under Display.

Set visible.JPG
    513 x 454 - 36K
  • shadownetshadownet Posts: 28

Awesome!  Thanks a bunch, Richard!  I am really loving all that DS can do.   I was a bit nervous about making the move to Daz Studio (old dog, new tricks, sort of thing) but I am having tons of fun learning as well as finding out what a great bunch of folks are here.  Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.  It is greatly appreciated.  :)

Just FYI but I discovered (somewhat by accident, since I tend to tinker at things to understand them)  when saving a hide body part(s) pose for G3F if I hide the body parts in the scene hierarchy than do the Properties Save Options as you explained, when I get to the Other tab I can right click and select "Check All Modified Only" to select what is needed. 

• shadownet said:

Just FYI but I discovered (somewhat by accident, since I tend to tinker at things to understand them)  when saving a hide body part(s) pose for G3F if I hide the body parts in the scene hierarchy than do the Properties Save Options as you explained, when I get to the Other tab I can right click and select "Check All Modified Only" to select what is needed. 

That works for hiding, when you have chnaged settings, but not if you want a show preset too, when the setting is at its default.

Right, I see what you mean.  I was only looking at using it to hide something at the moment.  So I was limiting my thinking on how it would work.  I tend to get one-track-minded at times and forget that these tools allow you to do a lot of different things but you have to think about what you need it to do.  Not just one button does it for you.  That would limit its power since there are so many ways to do stuff with the way DS is set up.  I have to say this is one of the best thought out softwares I have used in a long time.  I am more and more impressed with Daz Studio the more I use it.   Really makes me regret I was so reluctant to give it a go sooner because of the time needed to learn it.  But its worth the time, and will save me more time in the long run.  Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply and explain these so that I am learning how to do things right.  I really appreciate that. :)