Help with Pryia.

I bought Pryia earlier today and im trying to get a good render with her but she always renders orange, like she's coated in bad self-tanner. Ive tried a few different lights and hdri setups with her but the result is always the same. Ive attached one of these results.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this an error, or, and I hate to ask it, is this an issue with ds 4.8?

Orange.png
1024 x 819 - 1M

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Looks like the effect you get when you use Iray 4.9 optimized materials in 4.8. Are there two Iray material settings? If so use the one labeled "legacy" for 4.8. 

Ciao

TD

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144

Hope this helps...

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
    I have a perfect puzzle for you
    Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
    If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?
    Eating as much as an elephant eats
    What are you at getting terribly fat?
    What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-da
    If you're not greedy, you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

I have another puzzle for you
    Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-da-dee

Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
    It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile
    But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
    Chewing and chewing all day long

The way that a cow does

Given good manners, you will go far

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?
    Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat
    Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
    You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father

If you're not spoiled, then you will go far

What do you get from a glut of TV?
    A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
    Why don't you try simply reading a book?
    Or can you just not bear to look?

You'll get no...you'll get no...you'll get no commercials

If you're not greedy, you will go far

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,825
    edited March 2016

Yes, well ... she comes with separate 3Delight and Iray settings, but only one Iray setting. And ... she is a tiny bit orange in Studio 4.9, which is what I have. But not anywhere near as orange as she is in AnotherUserName's render, so it does look like she's made for 4.9 rather than 4.8.

Her SSS Reflectance Tint is a pale yellow on the Surfaces tab, which is another sign that she's made for 4.9 and not 4.8. As I recall, you can maybe de-orange her a bit by making it pale blue instead

Effectively, back-converting the settings. It looks like it worked when I tried it. Since I do have 4.9 instead of 4.8, you may need to go for a stronger blue color. Either that, or change her Base Color Mixing from Scatter And Transmit to Scatter Only, which I think may work best for 4.8.

Another thing that might help is to pull her translucency weight down from 0.5 to 0.3 or 0.2.

Test01 is her default Iray setting; test02blueSSSreflectancetint is exactly what it says.

priya-test01.png
    877 x 816 - 324K
    priya-test02-blueSSSreflectancetint.png
    877 x 816 - 324K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Hope this helps...

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do...

LOL, thanks for the laugh, ive needed one all day.

• vwrangler said:

Yes, well ... she comes with separate 3Delight and Iray settings, but only one Iray setting. And ... she is a tiny bit orange in Studio 4.9, which is what I have. But not anywhere near as orange as she is in AnotherUserName's render, so it does look like she's made for 4.9 rather than 4.8.

Her SSS Reflectance Tint is a pale yellow on the Surfaces tab, which is another sign that she's made for 4.9 and not 4.8. As I recall, you can maybe de-orange her a bit by making it pale blue instead

Effectively, back-converting the settings. It looks like it worked when I tried it. Since I do have 4.9 instead of 4.8, you may need to go for a stronger blue color. Either that, or change her Base Color Mixing from Scatter And Transmit to Scatter Only, which I think may work best for 4.8.

Another thing that might help is to pull her translucency weight down from 0.5 to 0.3 or 0.2.

Test01 is her default Iray setting; test02blueSSSreflectancetint is exactly what it says.

Yah, I figured as much. Ill mess around with the settings tomorrow if I get the chance.

Maybe I just need to move to 4.9. This is the third item that I have purchased that dosent work correctly in 4.8 (to my knowledge). I cant stand being hobbled by bugs.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

Hey all! I decided to keep it simple and only give Priya the 4.9 settings for Iray, so yes, she comes with the yellowy colour for the SSS Reflectance Tint. 

I do apologise! 

I try to keep my settings fairly close to the official figures so there's no confusion and you should get similar results to figures you're comfortable using. 

For the skin tweakers, I'm sure there's a gazillion ways you could make her look. Lighting also plays a big part. You'll notice how pale she looks in one of my promos. 

Anyway, thank you! 

• Saiyaness said:

Hey all! I decided to keep it simple and only give Priya the 4.9 settings for Iray, so yes, she comes with the yellowy colour for the SSS Reflectance Tint. 

I do apologise! 

I try to keep my settings fairly close to the official figures so there's no confusion and you should get similar results to figures you're comfortable using. 

For the skin tweakers, I'm sure there's a gazillion ways you could make her look. Lighting also plays a big part. You'll notice how pale she looks in one of my promos. 

Anyway, thank you! 

Hi Saiyaness,

No need for apologies. You created a fantastic character with Pryia and im happy to have purchased her. Ill find a solution one way or another.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

a lot of skins are looking different in 4.9 - I rendered something out the other day (can't remember the name of the character) in 4.8 and boy o boy, she was as orange as a popsicle. When I rendered her in 4.9 she looked perfect. 

I took the advice from this post:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/995167/#Comment_995167

(what nicstt says)

I think it's hte same as what vwrangler says in his post up above. 

• jakiblue said:

a lot of skins are looking different in 4.9 - I rendered something out the other day (can't remember the name of the character) in 4.8 and boy o boy, she was as orange as a popsicle. When I rendered her in 4.9 she looked perfect. 

I took the advice from this post:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/995167/#Comment_995167

(what nicstt says)

I think it's hte same as what vwrangler says in his post up above. 

Thanks jakiblue.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2016
    vwrangler said:

Still using 4.8 but I took vwrangler's advice as well and came up with the first render.  Then I opened up an older GF3 character, Kensey, and saved her skin surfaces as a material preset and applied it to Pryia (holding the control key) and got the second render.  Both are less orangy.  

Pryia SM.jpg
    750 x 975 - 101K
    PRIYA2.jpg
    783 x 882 - 198K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on