Turning a G2 character into a G3

Hi All,

I have created some custom characters in both Genesis, and Genesis 2, however, now that Genesis 3 is out, I want to take my Genesis2 custom character, and turn him into a G3 version of himself. I have the Genesis to Genesis2 clone, but am not seeing the G2 to G3 clone in the shop.

Is there a simple way to take my custom character, and move it onto G3? I want to take advantage of some of the great new items for G3, and since they won't currently work on G2 from G3, I'd rather upgrade my character instead. Plus poses and morphs for G3 won't work on G2, so there's that to consider too.

I have been creating renders for a graphic novel since Genesis came out, and while being able to upgrade it to a Gen2 was possible, I ended up recreating it from scratch on G2, I'd really rather not do that for G3, as it tooks months to get it right.

Any help and advice appreciated!

Comments

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Short answer, no not yet. GenX2 is in the process of being updated but no ETA. There is an artist at Rendo that is making packages to convert over the females (V4 and G2F so far) but has not done any for the males yet by the name of Caymanstudios. You can keep checking bck with them periodically.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Just to clarify:  GenX is used to transfer morphs (there is also a long thread about doing so manually if you wish to try it).  The CaymanStudios products are for transferring textures (and there are also threads about doing so manually).

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Just to clarify:  GenX is used to transfer morphs (there is also a long thread about doing so manually if you wish to try it).  The CaymanStudios products are for transferring textures (and there are also threads about doing so manually).

Yer right, sorry my bad. I mixed the 2 processes together >..<

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Sorry all for the delay in responding, I have been away at Animate Japan (which was awesome).

Yeah I have the GenX and GenX2, and if the one for Gen2 to Gen3 isn't out yet, that's okay, I can wait. 

If morphs aren't available yet, is there an option out yet that allows Gen3 poses to be used on Gen2?

Thanks all for your help and advice!