With DS 4.9 is the content directory transportable?

First to explain the question. I got 2 PCs at each of 2 locations because I work away from home during the week. If I buy a Daz product I install it on one PC and update my content directory. Then when I go away I copy 'My Library' directory and the Postgre SQL 'CMS' directory onto a back-up drive. At the other end I copy these 2 directories onto my 2 different PCs. This has worked fine for years and with Valentina it worked OK too. Is a similar arrangement possible A) With DS 4.9 without connect system or B) With DS 4.9 with connect system. I'm only interested for now in A) but other people would be interested in B).

As a central point of Connect was DRM it may be that Connect is not copyable but I'm hoping something is still possible with DS 4.9. I don't want to install everything 4 times over.

Comments

• As long as you are isntalling via DIM (or manually) then cpying across will work at least via the Content Library, and if you do a metadata import for the nwe stuff (the .dsa files in the \Runtime\Support folder that are newly added) it shold work via Smart Content. Connect does require an "install", though if you copy the \Data\Cloud\Product folder across it should simply check the file agaisnt the one on the server and decide it doesn't need downloading.

• Roboman28Roboman28 Posts: 210
    edited March 2016

Just for clarity to copy from one PC to another I need to:

1) Copy "My Library" as before

2) Copy the " \Runtime\Support" folder as the dsa files contain the latest categorisation files.

3) Copy CMS folder as before (Updated as I forgot this).

Thanks. That seems commendably simple.

Post edited by Roboman28 on
  • The Runtime\Support folder(s) will be in one or more of your content directories