Dynamic Clothing Pane Missing Some Options

2»

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited April 2016

Here's the last one.   About as far as I can do without doing some work on the UV layout.

Works pretty well with tiling textures and the shrink factor helped a lot with the sleeves.

shirt_3.png
    800 x 1000 - 888K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • ingoingo Posts: 52

There is always at least one awkward person... this time it's me :)

I can't seem to download from the link you gave. Do you perhaps have a "dropbox" account?

no problem, yes I do can dropbox it. who do i share it with?

mjc1016 said:

A couple of things...which one (figure) is the long sleeve tee for?  And if you are going to leave it in the A-pose you'll need to provide a start pose for the figure the item is for.

Also there is no fabric type assigned to the shirt...that should be able to be assigned before it is saved as a dynamic clothing asset type and 'stick'...it should become part of the base settings that the duf loads.

First and formeost, thanks for your interest and advice. for this excersise i used the standard GM3. I picket the A pose as this is the moast suitable to use in optitex to get a decent initial drape and dont have any silly intersections. I guess you are saying I need to provide a "pose.duf" for it? 

The problem with the fabric is what I indicated earlyer on. optitex is not including any fabric and it will need to be applied later. yes aggreed it should be done before it is saved. all this is very new to me and i am learning as i am going.

for now I am pleased to actualy have been able to to share this prototype.

mjc1016 said:

And  some more...

While the UV mapping is good (minimal stretch, etc) the layout/arrangement of the islands isn't very Studio 'friendly'.  It's difficult to work with for Studio.

Notice the sleeves and main body of the shirt have the ribbing running in the same direction?

This means that tiling/procedural shaders could be used, but actual purpose made texture sets, especially ones with prints/logos would be very difficult.  A little preplannng would counter some/all of that...or editing of the UV mapping later (but that's the much harder option).

Also, the hems and collar are the same material as the rest (sleeve, main body) of the shirt, so they aren't being accented/showing up. 

While the UV mapping is good (minimal stretch, etc) the layout/arrangement of the islands isn't very Studio 'friendly'.  It's difficult to work with for Studio. The UV maping is the default optitex maping. I have not done anything to it. But than, i dont realy know what the UV map does and where it comes from.

the layout/arrangement of the islands isn't very Studio 'friendly' No Idea what you are talking about or how to fix that.

the ribbing running in the same direction is an issue within optitex. The very first moment you are creating a new piece in optitex, the grain direction of the fabric is established and I have not found a way how to change that later. So as long as I keep this in mind when creating a new pice that should not be a problem. The idea is to have logos and designs easy applied.

Also, the hems and collar are the same material as the rest (sleeve, main body) of the shirt, so they aren't being accented/showing up. These are some of the chalanges I will have to overcome. This is where real world and virtual world do not work the same way. In this case, its a simple long sleeve Tee which does not have any special ribbing on the hems but its simply a folded hem. The neckband is not applied in this case. In real world the neck tape is one straight long piece of fabric which is semi pulled into the neckhole. the stretch in the fabric allows the outer diameter and the inner diameter to still sitt nicely. In optitex I can cheat and apply another stitchline to the inner diameter and pull everything more together till it sits flat. In daz i got no control over this extra stitch line. to get around that I will need to create a ring shaped necktape. but that will have the issue that i can not apply a symple teture as this will not turn along the necktape.

mjc1016 said:

Here is another one...this time with a tiling texture on it.

I also ran a sim to move the arms to the default t-pose and resaved the asset.  It makes it a bit easier to start with.

If there was a 'shrink' factor on the original Optitex version, there isn't on this, because no cloth data was attached, so that could be why the sleeves are a little long.  I only have the free plugin, so I have to adjust the cloth settings by scripting them and I don't have any cloth presets with shrinkage already in them.   I'm about to create one and see if that helps...

I also ran a sim to move the arms to the default t-pose and resaved the asset. That was my plan for the future. I tried to use the T position in optitex but it did not work very well. 

The sleevs are actually meant to be this long. have a look here, thats how the shirt looks in real. of course I could used a smaller size on him to.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1031940946856400&set=a.1031940330189795.1073741852.100001215131017&type=3&theater

http://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/swimmer-helen-norfolk-of-new-zealand-models-the-new-casual-news-photo/80940033

all together I am happy there is a start and generaly its working.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

The textures make a huge difference. The diamond check pattern looks particularly good.

Ingo; if you create a folder in your dropbox you can simply provide the URL that links to it. This has a code built into it. If you would rather not have the folder available for too long then I can tell you when I have downloaded and you can then decide when to delete the folder.

Thanks

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Thanks Ingo, I have it now. I'm looking forward to playing with this but I have to work this weekend, so don't hold your breath :) 

Thanks Ingo, I have it now. I'm looking forward to playing with this but I have to work this weekend, so don't hold your breath :) 

why should you be better of than me and not work on the weekend ;)