How do I install Poser4 format content from Renderosity etc to DAZ 4.9?

I know and i found the Runtime folder but i shoved things in the right place, like for example i shoved the files for a dress. Yet the dress doesn't appeaer in DAZ 4.9 wardrobe section.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Get out of the Smart Content pane and open the Content Library pane, it should appear under Poser Formats.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

That's a good point, there's a huge amount of Poser-format stuff coming across with the RDNA transfer. I wonder how much of it has been set up yet for the proper metadata? It's taken long enough to set up the existing DAZ store stuff, and that's an ongoing job that's nowhere near finished yet. And until that's done, none of it will appear in Smart Content.

• Completing the metadata on older content is one of the things I dream about... Okay, not while I'm sleeping, but I really do want it all categorized so I can find it faster than trying to remember which vendor name under which to look for something. My dream is to click on the hair option and see EVERYTHING I have purchased in one place.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

Actually you can achieve this, but it will take up quite some time. Herald of Fire wrote a very good tutorial on doing this, you can find his post right here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20018/metadata-tutorial-adding-new-items-to-your-smart-content/

Like I said: this may take you quite some time (I've been working for weeks after I discovered all this) but it is more than worth your time (in my opinion). I've added all my freebies to my smart contents pane using this technique and I never looked back. I especially enjoy it when a freebie comes with extra materials (other skins and such).

Hope this helps!