SimTenero Particle Physics - particle rotation options

First let me say thanks fo SimTenero for bringing Particles to DAZ! This is a wonderful addition!

My question is, what are my options for adding rotation to my particles, (such as having the stars rotate while falling)?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Comments

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383
    edited April 2016
    FirePro9 said:

First let me say thanks fo SimTenero for bringing Particles to DAZ! This is a wonderful addition!

My question is, what are my options for adding rotation to my particles, (such as having the stars rotate while falling)?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you! laugh.  The current options for rotation are either applying a random angle on emit, or alignigning to the direction the particle is moving in.  With the first option, each particle will have a random rotation applied when it's emitted, then maintain that angle for its lifetime.  With the second option, the rotation will animate and change depending on the direction the particle is traveling in.  There isn't currently a way to, for example, have a particle contionually spin on it's Y-Axis as it moves, but I can experiment with that and see if there's a way to make it happen.

Post edited by simtenero on