DIM won't install two packages...

I have created a trouble ticket for this matter, so hopefully they will resolve it shortly. I've manually installed the content, by the way. I'm just mentioning it here in case anyone else comes across this problem. The DIM (and Connect, for that matter, but that's a separate issue) would not install these two products that I purchased this weekend:

Dark-Elfe the Necronomancer
PGS-Kara

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

There is a known issue with the DIM; you install a product but instead of showing you the full contents all it does is 'register' the product (you should be able to find it in the 'Products' section of the 'Content Library pane'. It probably only shows you an icon with an arrow; if you right click on it it allows you to "install" it.

The solution for that problem is to right click on the Content library pane, select the option "Content DB maintenance" and then using "Re-import meta data". If you have added any items yourself (manually) then you might want to de-select the "User data" just in case.

Your items should then show up once it has finished re-importing.

• I looked in the Content Library and couldn't fined either products. The DIM actually said "Installation Failed" for those two products.But, I'll check again. Thanks for the tip... that might resolve some issues I'm having with the installation of Victoria 1.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,171

I looked in the Content Library and couldn't fined either products. The DIM actually said "Installation Failed" for those two products.But, I'll check again. Thanks for the tip... that might resolve some issues I'm having with the installation of Victoria 1.

I raised a ticket about PGS_Kara - there's a file in the templates direcory of Runtime-Textures with an ampersand in its name, which DIM appears to dislike. Customer Support are working on it (they already replied to my ticket to ask me the exact filename that need fixing). I worked round it by manually unzipping, renaming the file, editing the .dsx manifest file to match, rezipping and feeding back into DIM. It works, but you might just want to wait for a proper fix.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The sea kelpie bra for V4 refuses to download as well however manually installing it works fine.

• MelanieL Thanks for that info. I think you're right -- I'll wait for a proper fix. I'm not in a rush to use those two products right now, so a week or so won't matter much in the long run.