V4 to V7?

edited April 2016 in The Commons

What I need to transform a Genesis Female character into a Genesis 3 Female?

Thanks!

Post edited by Super cheese sandwich on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    edited April 2016

For textures this

(link removed)

For morphs, there is no easy way. GenX will be your best bet, but it is being worked on and not ready yet.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Do you mean:

1. Use an older character for Genesis on Genesis 3 Female?

2. "Upgrade Genesis to Genesis 3 Female?

If #2, then the answer is nothing.  Gensis and Genesis 3 Female are seperate figures and are both available for free with Daz Studio.  YOu can find both in your Product Library on your account along with Genesis 2 Female.  Just search for Daz Studio in your product library and you will find the essentials download pack for each.  Males as well

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,995
    edited April 2016

For textures this

(Link removed)

For morphs, there is no easy way. GenX will be your best bet, but it is being worked on and not ready yet.

It seems that the UVs hit the shop here today, though they are still at sale over at Rendo as well....

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • 1. Use an older character for Genesis on Genesis 3 Female? laugh

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited April 2016

This is a new UV package. Different from the two at Rendo. Same vendor though.

Thread title says V4. Genesis is not V4, although the Genesis base uses V4 UVs.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • actually the two new products are v5 to v7 and m4 to m7 so no v4 or m5 to v/m7 though in other product stuff when genesis is referred to v/m5 they often also include v/m4 stuff as part of the genesis family or compatible to genesis so I don't does that mean you could still convert use vicky 4 and michael 5/genesis male skins to v/m7 gen3 figures? Would be nice to use some of the V4 elite skins I have including Reby Sky (don't have her Genesis version) on V7/G3 though with her be nice if they did a new version for gf3 since they made a big deal of her being a real person and offically commissioned and all that of a 3d scan of her

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,070

The same vendor has packs for V4 and G2F UVs over at Renderosity.

• Thanks!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,270

actually the two new products are v5 to v7 and m4 to m7 so no v4 or m5 to v/m7 though in other product stuff when genesis is referred to v/m5 they often also include v/m4 stuff as part of the genesis family or compatible to genesis so I don't does that mean you could still convert use vicky 4 and michael 5/genesis male skins to v/m7 gen3 figures? Would be nice to use some of the V4 elite skins I have including Reby Sky (don't have her Genesis version) on V7/G3 though with her be nice if they did a new version for gf3 since they made a big deal of her being a real person and offically commissioned and all that of a 3d scan of her

If you are a Daz Studio user, you can use the built in utility to convert your skins from the V4 UV layout to the V5 UV layout for use the Cayman's new product in the store. You'd have to own V5 in order to do it. It can be a little tedious, but it's worth it.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Keep in mind that while the maps can be 'transferred' over, it does absolutely nothing for morphs! Whether we get a morph translation from previous generations to G3F remains to be seen...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,070
    mtl1 said:

Keep in mind that while the maps can be 'transferred' over, it does absolutely nothing for morphs! Whether we get a morph translation from previous generations to G3F remains to be seen...

D3D said recently they're still working on GenX2 update and add-on to support Genesis 3 (no ETA given though).

In the mean time it's possible to transfer the morps manually with a bit of work.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Actually, I was wondering around Deviant and found a user called Darkhound1 who has a morph converter for sale. It is specifically only made to convert V4 or G2 over to G3. I was wondering if anyone has seen or used this item, and what people's thoughts are about it. This item, along with the UV converter, could be a viable solution.

Take note there are some small NSFW images on the page the item is on if you go looking for it, which is why I did not link it.