March Madness and Refunds

mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

So, given the flashback sale today: Can anyone remember if MM items purchased within the last month qualified for refunds? I remember there were a few promotions in the past where items could *not* be refunded and I wanted to be sure that MM items were indeed refundable before going through the whole refund process :)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,465

Are you wanting to return something because its cheaper today? I so just submit a ticket and they can work with you instead of having to return it and re buy it.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Last time I did that, they told me that I had to buy on the cheaper price and to refund the previous purchase o_o

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,465

Good to know

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,070
    mtl1 said:

Last time I did that, they told me that I had to buy on the cheaper price and to refund the previous purchase o_o

That's usually what they advise when the better sale is time-limited.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

When they did the whole Black Friday / Cyber Monday thing of offering the same items over and over for better prices each day, I sent in tickets with the price differences of my purchases and how much I would have saved, and support gave me credit for the extra. I'm pretty sure it happened again around xmas due to some other similar marketing mess up.

In my personal moral sense it sucks when there's a better sale a week later, but I don't really consider that as unfair the way offering the same items at a better price the very next day is, so I personally wouldn't ask for a credit on items bought at the end of a known sale for the sake of this surprise one. Other people may be different, of course. That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that almost none of the items I bought at the end of MM were on sale today.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    lx said:

In my personal moral sense it sucks when there's a better sale a week later, but I don't really consider that as unfair the way offering the same items at a better price the very next day is, so I personally wouldn't ask for a credit on items bought at the end of a known sale for the sake of this surprise one. Other people may be different, of course. That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that almost none of the items I bought at the end of MM were on sale today.

Same here. Hard to believe DAZ makes any money with their refund policy

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    lx said:

Same here. Hard to believe DAZ makes any money with their refund policy

I would bet that it's only a small percentage of their customers that use it, and it encourages customer loyalty.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    lx said:

When they did the whole Black Friday / Cyber Monday thing of offering the same items over and over for better prices each day, I sent in tickets with the price differences of my purchases and how much I would have saved, and support gave me credit for the extra. I'm pretty sure it happened again around xmas due to some other similar marketing mess up.

Some of my DO purchases went on sale... but it turns out I used a coupon so it ended up being around the same price anyway, plus or minus a couple of dollars :)

I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, considering the amount I just spent today >_>