Lee 7 And What's In Bundles

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited April 2016 in The Commons

On the starter bundle product page, Makaio is shown in the upper thumbnails (by the big image) and down below, where it says what's included in the bundle, in those thumbnails it's Shen.

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• You go by the list never the thumbnails !!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2016

Yep, but they never show the promo image of another different character, in a new release character bundle that is differentiating between the Pro and Starter bundles.

Post edited by Novica on
  • What we need is someone who has actually got the bundle then we will know for sure yes

Yeah, I'm thinking Shen is actually included, as it's easier to mess up the small thumbnail images up in the main promo than it would be the bottom section where you have to actually list the product by name. 

I just checked the email,  it says Shen for the Starter Bundle.

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982

Lee is cool but can we get some Kendo armor for the guy ?

look at my icon....that stuff

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,351
    edited April 2016

I'm just installing Shen and find only Iray materials for this character. The promo says:

• DAZ Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)
    • DAZ Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)

So where are the 3Delight materials???

EDIT: I just sent a help request.

EDIT 2: I found out that there is a 3Delight shader in the Iray folder. I am not too enthusiastic about this method, but at least it works...

Post edited by caravelle on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited April 2016

Well... Lee 7 certainly looks different... O_o

So different in fact that he looks far less Asain than Lee 6, to me anyway. At the very least, he looks only half-Asian, particularly Japanese.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996

So different in fact that he looks far less Asain than Lee 6, to me anyway. At the very least, he looks only half-Asian, particularly Japanese.

He does remind me a little bit of Korean actor Lee Min Ho, as he looked in "Boys over Flowers".

edited April 2016
    BeeMKay said:

He does remind me a little bit of Korean actor Lee Min Ho, as he looked in "Boys over Flowers".

Yeah, I was second-guessing that after I posted. Maybe its the all the Japanese-themed stuff that's making me think so. Although, admitedly Lee 7 does have a bit of a traditional Japanese art shape to his face at certain angles...

edited April 2016

[Edited double-post]

Also, was looking at the Lee 6 Pro Bundle.  FIFTEEN ITEMS at $134.95   We got FOUR characters, three hairs, etc.

Lee 7 has 11 items.  TWO characters, two hairs, etc. Same price. No wonder they're giving people 25% off if they bought Mei Lin. They should get that whacked off the price for everyone IMO. You are getting FOUR less items in the Pro Bundle.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

I think he looks great. And you're right, he does look a lot like an Asian actor, though can't place the face. His base look and the add on characters give him a lot of different looks. And OMG, Jurao looks amazing!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Anyone know how long the sale on Lee lasts? I think people used to say that sales on new items lasted two weeks. But the March Madness new items were only on sale for two days. And each day some new items pushed some others off the sales list. And that sale with the fairybook steps only lasted 3 days. Or was it four?

So many new items having been coming out that I was hoping to wait until I pay off this months bill before I buy anything else. But I don't want to miss the sale price.

Every day I hope that there will be nothing I want!

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996

Normally, two days (release day and next day). Anything longer than that might, or might not happen, though with the release of a new character, the intro offer might stay alive for a week or so (I think Mei Lin 7's into offer was a week).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,365
    edited April 2016
    KevinH said:

Anyone know how long the sale on Lee lasts? I think people used to say that sales on new items lasted two weeks. But the March Madness new items were only on sale for two days. And each day some new items pushed some others off the sales list. And that sale with the fairybook steps only lasted 3 days. Or was it four?

So many new items having been coming out that I was hoping to wait until I pay off this months bill before I buy anything else. But I don't want to miss the sale price.

Every day I hope that there will be nothing I want!

The March Madness items had their usual two week period at 30% off, it was only the extra discounts that were limited. I don't think the extra discount for Meil Lin purchasers will last the full two week intro base on past experience, however, so if you have that I would expect a couple of days. I will ask. Just checked, it lasts until the end of twenty-fifth.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks, Richard!

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660

The top banner says 50% off related items if you buy or own but click on it and it becomes 30% off related items if you buy or own. Which is it?

• It's 50% in total: 30% off as new items and 30% off extra.

1-0.7*0.7 = 1 - 0.49 = 0.51     -------------> 51% of the full price. 

I guess they round it to 50%. 

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    BeeMKay said:

I thinks he looks more like Kim Soo Hyun of "Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Secretly Greatly". 

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660

It's 50% in total: 30% off as new items and 30% off extra.

1-0.7*0.7 = 1 - 0.49 = 0.51     -------------> 51% of the full price. 

I guess they round it to 50%. 

Thanks for clarifying that. At first I thought it was an advertising error. I understand it now. The word "New" has a special meaning in Dazland. Whereas 30% off is the "New" 50% off with all of today's required strings attached, lol.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,008
    edited April 2016

I think he looks a lot like Donnie Yen... 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited April 2016

Mr Lee seems to be full of surprises...

LeePro.JPG
    1241 x 171 - 38K
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    isidorn said:

Maybe they are planning for a future sex change operation?

• the 25% off on Lee7 Pro if you bought Mei Lin Pro expires 25th

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    isidorn said:

Maybe they are planning for a future sex change operation?

OMG! Noooooooo...! I know Daz tries to make it harder for "just anybody" to get the male anatomical elements... but.... crying

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited April 2016

Boilerplate text strikes again!

ETA: It's not just boiler text. The download files really do link to the female anatomical elelments. (Anyone sent a heads-up to Support yet?)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Lees body is well formed, his eyes equally, but his nose and his mouth are too much Michael 7. Don't really like him.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I like Lee 7 but I think he's rather expensive for what you get. I bought pro but most of the outfits I won't use

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Lee 7 is 100% better looking than Lee 6. I do hope Daz sticks to releasing couples : ) Genesis 3 just keeps getting better!