Decimator for Studio 4.8

Yesterday the sale price on Decimator (with a new item purchase) was too ridiculously low for me to pass up and I didn't.  Cool but I never migrated to 4.9 and I don't want to. However after I installed using DIM the decimator won't load for 4.8; it says it's made for a later version of Studio.  Really? Looking at the product page, it says it's for 4.9 but everything says that now (and mostly it's not true) and DIM has been around forever. So I don't know why this would have bene modified to not run in 4.8 and the 4.9 release said nothing about improving it in any way.  Question is, can I get a copy that will run in 4.8?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Plugins are some of the things that ARE tied to the exact version of Studio...

So, that said, you probably will have to talk to Customer Service about it.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Yesterday the sale price on Decimator (with a new item purchase) was too ridiculously low for me to pass up and I didn't.  Cool but I never migrated to 4.9 and I don't want to. However after I installed using DIM the decimator won't load for 4.8; it says it's made for a later version of Studio.  Really? Looking at the product page, it says it's for 4.9 but everything says that now (and mostly it's not true) and DIM has been around forever. So I don't know why this would have bene modified to not run in 4.8 and the 4.9 release said nothing about improving it in any way.  Question is, can I get a copy that will run in 4.8?

I'm in the same situation. I'd love to hear what you find out from Customer Service.

• Have the same problem, I bought the Mimic Live plugin on Monday. Doesn't want to work in my copy of 4.8. despite saying it works for 4.5 and above. Put a ticket in on Monday evening, got a reply yesterday about getting back to me soon (might have been automated). Hopefully they should get this sorted soon and get back to me. I think they're probably kept pretty busy.

Personally I think they should keep links on your product download page to previous versions of their plugins and Studio, especially if those are the ones you paid for. A free update is no good if it renders the product useless to you. I guess it's their way of trying to force you to update.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

I guess I'll have to put in a ticket. I get that they want to motivate everyone to move to 4.9. But I don't want to go there and I still do buy content from here even though I'm stubborn ablut 4.8 so it's not like those of us on 4.8 have abandoned DAZ.  I hope they don't abandon us.