Contemporary Reading Lounge - does it have a door?

AtiAti Posts: 9,083
edited April 2016 in The Commons

Hi,

the Contemporary Reading Lounge ( http://www.daz3d.com/contemporary-reading-lounge ) looks amazing, but looking at the images and the description over and over again, I have one serious question: how do you enter this room? It seems to have a solid wall on one side, and windows on the 3 other sides. Does it have a door somewhere that I missed?

Post edited by Ati on

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,730

Thought that was just me... Doesn't look like it has a door to me :-\

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2016

"The space is of simple and contemporary minimilistic design" hence no door.

Actually, it is a modern university "safe space". If no one can enter, no one can be offended inside.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,993
    edited April 2016

You could always have a drop-down staircase-door coming from the ceiling. wink

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I was also wondering where the entrance/exit is.

BeeMKay said:

That might work ;-)

Or I think I should have some broken/shattered glass textures somewhere - there is always a way out. Hang on, am I sitting here talking myself into getting the item ...?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    BeeMKay said:

or a trap door under the carpet

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,448
    edited April 2016

Apparently you drop in from the ceiling. Or a hidden telepoter...

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    Petercat said:

Actually, it is a modern university "safe space". If no one can enter, no one can be offended inside.

You just made my day !

Of course, this is a room full of books - once you're in, why would you want to get out? Though that still leaves bathroom breaks, food, new reading materials...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Secret door behind one of the bookcases? ;)

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I must have at least a dozen wall with door props that could be dropped into the scene if you wanted to have a door for someone to enter through. It says the walls in this product are "hideable" (is that a real word?), so you could just replace one wall with an imported one, with door.

• Maybe you enter via L-space?

Maybe you enter via L-space?

You just won the internet :-)

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    SimonJM said:

Secret door behind one of the bookcases? ;)

Darnit... you beat me to it! So many things can be learned from "The Three Stooges" and "Young Frankenstein"... 

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453

Forgot to add the original answer that came to mind when I first read the thread title... 

A door? We're lucky with some sets if we get all four walls, let alone a door!

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    Petercat said:

Never understimate people's ability to be offended. The fact that the room can't be entered will offend some. It's spacist. Or something.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

That window pane behind the couch could almsot be turned into a sliding door (Japanesse style) or just a large door that opens out. Or maybe it's from the Alacatraz/Evil Librarians series of books.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,010

For those who remember Van der Graaf Generator, an appropriate soundtrack (my second album purchase):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvdLJclxcDc

A good way to go, perhaps.

aai2.png
    1500 x 1250 - 3M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Maybe it's the reading room in the Hotel California