Help Create Collision. Genesis Not Colliding

HarkHark Posts: 48
edited April 2016 in New Users

I used smoothing modifier, collision iteration, interactive update on, pointed what to collide with... The skins still go thru like ghosts. This method succeeded for a prop object and the genesis. But, between two geneses, I can't seem to make collide. Also, please help on making a penetration of a genesis finger, and nose. Is it anything but collision dial? If I have applied to the WHOLE genesis, (assuming I did not mistakenly apply to one PART) what could be wrong

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,994
    edited April 2016

That kind of collision usually doesn't work in DAZ Studio. You can use the collision for items worn by the character, like clothing, but you can't collide 2 characters.

You can try using deformers on the surface of the character.

There's an excellent turorial about deformers in one of the DS magazines, but I don't remember whcich issue: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61938/ds-creative-the-magazine-for-daz-studio-users

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • HarkHark Posts: 48
    Can I create a transparent opacity suit/clothing and constrain it to a body part, and set collision to that prop? What tool lets me sleeve any body part? I dont see a premade clothing that fits the body part.
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,994

Adding a suit to a body will not solve your problem. You'll end up with your colliding character splattered around the body suit. 

The collision in DS just isn't "good enough" to simulate proper physical collision like the one you want to achieve. Like I said, you best bet would be deformers, or create a morph specifically for this action, that you then can dial in as needed.