How to fix: When clothing doesn't move with character?

CyberpainterCyberpainter Posts: 14
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, The shirt sleeves on my characters clothes don't move with the character. I believe I need to connect the bones of the shirt with the arm bones of the character. Is there anything I can do about this; and read about how to correct this?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What program are you using, DS4 or DS4.5?

What clothing item is it? If one part of the shirt fits, the rest should fit as well. You need to use the 'Fit To' option in the Parameters tab with the itme selected, and then select the figure you are using. This is for conforming clothing.

What figure are you using?

• CyberpainterCyberpainter Posts: 14
    edited October 2012

I should have said this is in Animate using aniblocks. In DS4, The character is a modified V4.2. As a still image the shirt(Hondyu's Sports Baby 4) fit fine until I use a pose. See Attachs.

22.jpg
    1412 x 1130 - 148K
    11.jpg
    1412 x 1130 - 147K
    Post edited by Cyberpainter on
    edited October 2012

It is not moving with the figure either because it is not 'Fit To' the figure as previously explained, or it is NOT a piece of Conforming Clothing.

I cannot find any reference to this item, can you provide a link? Does it say 'Dynamic' anywhere in the blurb for the product?

Why not try another shirt?

EDIT:

I thing the vendor is HONGYU, but I don;t see the outfit you mentin in the store here?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

It is Hongyu Sports Baby 4. I believe that Daz does not have it in store. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hongyus-sportbaby-4-for-v4-a4-g4-elite/85918 This is something I've had for a pretty long time before Daz and Poser were collaborating on somethings.

edited December 1969

You still haven't said if you are using the 'Fit To' option? You MUST use that for conforming clothing.

The example I am using is with Genesis, but it works exactly the same with V4. If that doesn't work, then there is something wrong with the clothing, and you should write to the vendor at Rendo I think.

Untitled-1.jpg
    816 x 384 - 75K
    edited December 1969

The character is V4.2 not Genesis V4. It one of my Daz 3x characters. OOOps, I just went into Misc. and found that it was fit to the pants. I get up pretty early to have some peace and quit but sometimes I'm half asleep. Thanks for the Help, Mark