So who wants to talk about boobies?

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

More specifically, are there any good tutorials that discuss modelling unisex clothing that will look good when worn by female characters?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Auto-Fit !

If it's a custom model, and you're building custom clothes to fit it., you would use your figure like a tailors dummy, and built the clothing to fit that figure shape.

If you're meaning building clothing commercially, to fit a range of model shapes, then it depends on whether your target market is V4 / M4 or Genesis, since Genesis has autofit, and previous figures don't have that, ..they need to be built differently.

Hope it helps :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Crap, I just wanted to talk about boobies!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Emporer Ken either has already got Boobies in his catalogue, or is going to add them at some stage

Boobies_Blue-footed_-_Isla_de_la_Plata.JPG
    940 x 704 - 133K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,179
    edited December 1969

If you want the mesh to inherit breast morphs nicely I think the standard advice is to try to make sure that there's a good density of polygons there, and ideally to give the flow a similar structure to that of the base mesh (rather than a purely rectangular grid, which will result in jaggedness when projected out). The better the flow, the less 9to a point) you need to increase the density (assuming you are not catering to that segment of the market that believes nipples can push through a quarter inch of boiled leather).

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

If you want the mesh to inherit breast morphs nicely I think the standard advice is to try to make sure that there's a good density of polygons there, and ideally to give the flow a similar structure to that of the base mesh (rather than a purely rectangular grid, which will result in jaggedness when projected out). The better the flow, the less 9to a point) you need to increase the density (assuming you are not catering to that segment of the market that believes nipples can push through a quarter inch of boiled leather).

:lol: thank you

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Crap, I just wanted to talk about boobies!

Me too. Just remember where Bee Milk comes from:

Boo_Bees_Small.jpg
    150 x 150 - 8K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm such a booby. I thought this was going to be another stupid thread.:cheese:

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I'm such a booby. I thought this was going to be another stupid thread.:cheese:

Give me enough time, and it can be so!
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

If you want the mesh to inherit breast morphs nicely I think the standard advice is to try to make sure that there's a good density of polygons there, and ideally to give the flow a similar structure to that of the base mesh (rather than a purely rectangular grid, which will result in jaggedness when projected out). The better the flow, the less 9to a point) you need to increase the density

Great advice! Thanks!

(assuming you are not catering to that segment of the market that believes nipples can push through a quarter inch of boiled leather).

My nipples have always been unusually hard (used to get teased with the nickname "high-beams" as a kid), and living in Canada come February I'm punching holes in plate steel.

edited December 1969

I'm not going to touch that one, BBS. All up to you, big guy.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I'm not going to touch that one, BBS. All up to you, big guy.
    Don't you mean those.... %-P
    edited December 1969

Thanks, teach. You're right again. I should have said "those."

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

:lol:

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited October 2012

Very good advice!

My experience so far is that the smaller the breast morph, the better Auto works with it. I've started offering the PBMCleavage morph custom in my female items with lower necklines in addition to the other morphs that I do. There's basically no way to make Autoconform handle it properly (no "handle" pun intended). The same is true of Basicfemale+Voluptuous, PBMBreastsSize and PBMBreastsImplants, Iconics Girl4, and others that result in very large blue-footed seabirds.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,904
    edited December 1969

well I posted an image of my hooters in the new hope thread but I will just leave this one alone!! :red:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

well I posted an image of my hooters in the new hope thread but I will just leave this one alone!! :red:
    Why? I thought you had a nice set of Hooters.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

My nipples have always been unusually hard (used to get teased with the nickname "high-beams" as a kid), and living in Canada come February I'm punching holes in plate steel.

TMI...tmi...