any SDK fuction dealing with the content library

MiloMilo Posts: 511

Any SDK function dealing with the Content Library. The poser or Carrara content in the browser. Such as returning what has been added to the content folder and where its located. I tried searching through the pdf's and the .h's as well as the forums, I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:
    Any SDK function dealing with the Content Library. The poser or Carrara content in the browser. Such as returning what has been added to the content folder and where its located. I tried searching through the pdf's and the .h's as well as the forums, I apologize if this has been discussed before.

It seems to be defined in MCFInterfaceIDs.h

#define kRID_BrowserFamilyFamilyID 'Bfam'

in MFInitGuid.h, there is a reference to a module
    #include "IMFExBrowserFamily.h"

which is unfortunately not in the SDK (would have been nice so you can define yours :-))

I found that in IDSHUtilities :

/// Returns all content runtimes stored by the browser
     virtual void  MCCOMAPI GetContentRuntimes(TMCClassArray& runtimes) = 0;

/// Adds a content folder to the browser
     virtual void  MCCOMAPI AddContentRuntimeFolder(const TMCDynamicString& runtimeFolder) = 0;

And maybe that :

// ****************************************************************************
     //        CreateBrowserDialog
     // 
     /// Creates a browser dialog.  Do not forget to call CallPrepareToDestroy before
     /// you release the dialog.
     /// 
     /// \param browserDialog  Returns a pointer to the new browser dialog.
     /// 
     virtual void MCCOMAPI CreateBrowserDialog(IMFBrowserDialog** browserDialog)=0;

//        WriteComponentToBrowserFile
     // 
     /// Writes a component to a browser file.
     /// 
     /// \param component  A pointer to the component to write
     /// \param file       A pointer to the file where the component will be saved
     /// \param preview   An optional pointer to a bucket to use as a preview
     /// \see LoadComponentFromBrowserFile
     ///
     virtual void MCCOMAPI WriteComponentToBrowserFile(IShComponent* component, IMCFile* file, const TMCPixelBucket* preview=NULL)=0;

//        LoadComponentFromBrowserFile
     // 
     /// Loads a component from a browser file
     /// \see WriteComponentToBrowserFile
     /// \param component          Returns a pointer to the component loaded
     /// \param componentFamilyID  ID of the component family being loaded
     /// \param file               A pointer to the file from which the component will be loaded
     ///  \return MC_S_OK if the file contained the right type of component
     ///
     virtual MCCOMErr MCCOMAPI LoadComponentFromBrowserFile(IShComponent** component,const IDType componentFamilyID,IMCFile* file)=0;

//        LoadComponentDataFromBrowserFile
     // 
     /// Loads a component's data from a browser file.  (The file must of course have been
     /// created from the same class as the component passed.)
     /// 
     /// \param component  A pointer to the component whose data you'd like to load
     /// \param file       A pointer to the file where the component is stored.
     /// \return MC_S_OK If the file contained the right type of component.
     ///
     virtual MCCOMErr MCCOMAPI LoadComponentDataFromBrowserFile(IShComponent* component,IMCFile* file)=0;

SO, not much success :-(