How to use an UI Dialog created by Qt Designer

Hi @all,

I want to use Qt-Designer, which is part of DAZ-Studio, but unfortunately I'm not able to show the dialog-widget. Please see this simple code fragment:

var loader = new DzUiLoader();var dialog = new DzDialog();var wgt    = loader.load("X:/.../test.ui", dialog);dialog.exec();

This shows an empty dialog.

The second way I've found is:

var popup = new DzUIPopUpWgt(dialog);

brings the exception:  TypeError: no constructor for DzUIPopUpWgt

Altough a constructor is documented: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/uipopupwgt_dz

Can anyone help me with a little piece of code please ;-)

Post edited by peter_2762644 on

Comments

• Okay, solved!

I have to use the "proper" templete in Qt-Designer :-)

Unbenannt.JPG
    593 x 473 - 38K
  • bigD3dbigD3d Posts: 75

Hi Peter,

I'd like to get started making a script for Daz and see references to QT Designer in the daz scripting docs. But when I go to qt.io site it looks like you have to spend $4k??? Since you are using it do you mind confirming if this is correct? I was hoping it would be some kind of open source/free tool, or at minimum something more in the acceptable range of cost.

Any info you could provide on how to get the tool would be appreciated!

thanks

• bigD3dbigD3d Posts: 75

Peter, nevermind that comment I just left - when I read "which is part of daz studio" from your post, I assumed you meant the DzUiLoader was part of Daz and I needed to go get the QT Designer program somewhere else. I just found the app in my Daz Studio folder and feel like an idiot... :-P