[Released] The Gobbler HD for Genesis 8 Male (Commercial)

MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

What kind of creature lies behind that terrifying silhouette?!

A frightening monster with over 200 teeth you never want to meet walking through the woods ;)

Now available in the store!

https://www.daz3d.com/the-gobbler-hd-for-genesis-8-male

Post edited by Mechasar on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Very interested look forward to updates

• I love your style, Mechasar с:

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

Thanks!

• Wow! This leech looks pretty good!

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Oh I'm definitely going to use that for a tooth fairy mwahahaha

Thyranq said:

Then I dare you to dress it with a glittery tutu and fairy wings XD 

Mechasar said:

Thyranq said:

Then I dare you to dress it with a glittery tutu and fairy wings XD 

Deal! 

Wow, that looks really cool

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239

Wow ... The creature is amazing!

Is that mouth rigged or it just static open? Either way instant buy

edited March 2021

jedijudd said:

Is that mouth rigged or it just static open? Either way instant buy

It didn't seem fair to leave its mouth static :), so you'll find 2 dial morphs allowing you to shrink the sides inside its mouth and its "lips" on the outside (just like a pupil/iris).  

It has to chew! 

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Now you have my attention. That mouth looks horrifically fantastic!

edited March 2021

Thyranq said:

Deal! 

I hope pulling off one of my teeth and placing it under the pillow was not part of our deal! XD

Mechasar said:

Thyranq said:

Deal! 

I hope pulling off one of my teeth and placing it under the pillow was not part of our deal! XD

lol no, between my daughter and my nephew we got a few loose teeth kicking around :)

I didn't forget about this either, I have most of a scene set up, just need to get a couple of other things clued up so I can get in and finish it for rendering! 

edited March 2021

As requested, The Gobbler in a glittery tutu, with fairy wings. I have to admit, this made me chuckle.

GobblerTutu.png
    800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Thyranq on

Thyranq said:

As requested, The Gobbler in a glittery tutu, with fairy wings. I have to admit, this made me chuckle.

Aww, look how lovely it is! I also imagine it dancing the "Gobbler Lake" ballet. Now I can't stop laughing! Well done

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited March 2021

Been wanting a ring-mouthed character, ever since 'Cabin In The Woods' and would certainly purchase a feminine, female version for that reason, to place her in a ballerina outfit. Perhaps an optional geograft for any G8F character?

http://archive.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=377710

Obtained this one, regardless. smiley Especially with it being able to aticulate that mouth!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    edited March 2021

Is anyone else having a problem with it not registering in smart content when installed through DIM?  I've installed him on 3 separate machines, and all 3 of them the only way to get smart content to recognize he's installed is to install through connect. (It could entirely be on my end though, I'm currently reinstalling everything due to some major hardware failures, but this was the behavior before I nuked everything and started reloading)

Post edited by dragotx on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Perhaps it's a two-part file and only one is being installed through DIM, then smart content installs the other part?

AnEye4Art said:

Perhaps it's a two-part file and only one is being installed through DIM, then smart content installs the other part?

Only one file available to be downloaded, eihter through DIM or on the site.  Going to try the manual install file tonight when I get home from work

Nope, even manual install doesn't work.  There just flat is no way other than Connect, which destroys your smart content thumbnails at the moment, so that's not an option, to install this and have smart content.  Other than that, he works great and I love him.  But to load him up I have to go digging through the content library old school style.  I've submitted a ticket to Daz about the metadata issue.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited April 2021

Wow, saw the thread name, was expecting a turkey lol.

Post edited by TheKD on

dragotx said:

Nope, even manual install doesn't work.  There just flat is no way other than Connect, which destroys your smart content thumbnails at the moment, so that's not an option, to install this and have smart content.  Other than that, he works great and I love him.  But to load him up I have to go digging through the content library old school style.  I've submitted a ticket to Daz about the metadata issue.

Additonally, when installed manually, the model files aren't actually there.  Just the materials and the teeth prop

Ok, time for an update:  The metadata still hasn't been fixed by Daz, but the installation error I reported was purely operator error on my part.  It is fully installed into content library, and works perfectly fine once I actually look in the right spot. 

dragotx said:

Ok, time for an update:  The metadata still hasn't been fixed by Daz, but the installation error I reported was purely operator error on my part.  It is fully installed into content library, and works perfectly fine once I actually look in the right spot. 

Obviously I can't give any help about installation issues, but good to hear it finally works for you. 

Mechasar said:

dragotx said:

Obviously I can't give any help about installation issues, but good to hear it finally works for you. 

I'm sure Daz will get the metadata issues sorted eventually, I know QA and the other various support teams are running flat out trying to get to everything, this just has to work it's way through the queue.  He's a fantastic character, I'm going to have lots of fun working with him now that I have figured out where my brain failed me.  

• Love this creature! How did you put a human face in the mouth in the promo image? What witchcraft did you use????

atacit_23cd333971 said:

Love this creature! How did you put a human face in the mouth in the promo image? What witchcraft did you use????

Thanks. No witchcraft, it just take little patience. Firts of all delete the Gobbler's teeth. Then, go to the "Scene" panel and hide all the body parts of your human character, but keep the head and sub bones visible. Move and scale your character until the head fits the Gobbler's mouth. Parent your character to the Gobbler's head in the "Scene" panel and... there you go.

• Thank you so much!