Lots of stuff now free at Nerd3d

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited July 2021 in Freebies

I am making a clone to convert V3M3 clothes to G8 (and plan an A3H3 set after) so I tried to buy some stuff from Nerd3d for testing and ran into an error.  He went and made a lot of his store free instead of messing with it.  Get it while you can - the Chain Lynx set is an outstanding piece for fans of sword and sorcery skimpwear!

http://www.nerd3d.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=69

Edit: whoops, that one's for V2.  There's a lot of great V3 content though!

Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Thanks for the link (pun not intended)!  I must be blind though, I don't see a functioning download button or a way to get it in the cart... am I missing something?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073
    I must admit I felt pretty stupid not seeing one either. Will say it's not something I need, so don't feel disappointed about not being able to download anything.
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,649

SY, looks like there are no active buttons to put things in the cart. Even his free stuff is no longer accessable. The add to cart button on the review button will not add the product to the cart either. I too was looking forward to adding to the V2 collection. Love those Flower shoes!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    Whoops that's so bizarre. Sorry you guys, I guess I got in the two I got before the site broke altogether :(
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

LOL!  Whew... I'm just relieved I wasn't just losing my mind!  

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

Me too. Couldn't find a way to get either. Even followed the links to the store at Hivewire that's not there any more. Even though you can't something they wanted to charge money. That"chain mail set looked very nice. Wanted to see if I could get it to fit any of the other base characters. Oh wel!?

• Nearly everything from HiveWire was moved to Rendo.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

I found in my own attempts to make backward-compatible clones that the body shapes for V1/2 and V3 are identical, or functionally so.  Daz just improved the rigging and mesh when they upgraded.

But their Stephanie 2 (rumored to have been cut from the original Michael 1/2 mesh) has the same rig as V2 but a different mesh shape.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,298
    edited July 2021

So basically, everything made free at Nerd3d, but you have to pay for them at Hivewire, but no you can't cause they have all been moved to Renderosity. Anyone know if they are free over there?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,016

Faeryl Womyn said:

So basically, everything made free at Nerd3d, but you have to pay for them at Hivewire, but no you can't cause they have all been moved to Renderosity. Anyone know if they are free over there?

It's been a long day, I love this sentence! I do believe that you qualify to write "the" manual for Daz Studio! It seems to follow the same logic lol ...

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,298

LOL understanding this type of logic is the problem in some cases...called lots of coffee, lack of sleep and a bucket of sarcasm lol.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Catherine3678ab said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

It's been a long day, I love this sentence! I do believe that you qualify to write "the" manual for Daz Studio! It seems to follow the same logic lol ...

LOL understanding this type of logic is the problem in some cases...called lots of coffee, lack of sleep and a bucket of sarcasm lol.

---

you guys are great. another warm-the-soul giggle here. +++

tnx,

--ms

• jmattatalljmattatall Posts: 23

I also got a big warning from my anti-malware when i tried to create an account (thout maybe i needed that to download) . Blocked - Trying to send password un-encrypted. I decided it wasn't worth it.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

HiveWire's store closed in the beginning of January.  HiveWire & Lisa's Botanicals products & SOME of the Contributing Artists products are now at Renderosity,but that was completely up to the individual Artist.  The items that are free at Nerd3D are not the ones he sold at HiveWire.  I don't think he's put any of those elsewhere at this point. 

• If you click on the 'Reviews' button, you get to a button that says 'Add to Cart' at the bottom of the 'Reviews' page. However, maybe because I am not logged in, nothing gets added to the cart for me.