Render Farm

shorterbusshorterbus Posts: 12
edited July 2021 in Product Suggestions

I want to make the jump from Poser to Studio. Studio is free, but the upgrade in computer required is - well, not out of my budget but more than I care to spend, especially given to duplicate the types of Poser renders I make would require something just short of a super computer in Iray. I almost pulled the trigger on a new computer last year but the price of the graphics card tripled. I've looked into a render farm but no one seems to be doing Studio or Iray. They say they do in their advertising, but they don't. Same with Poser. It would be great if Daz had it's own render farm geared to Studio and Iray users. It would be an extra profit center for Daz and I'm sure there are lots of people like me willing to pay the fees and spread them out over time rather than cough up the price of a sufficient computer.

Post edited by shorterbus on

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Jack Tomalin was offering this kind of service (He's got a nice server setup for it) - haven't heard it mentioned in a while but he probably still is - maybe drop him a PM to ask about it.

• I have a render farm that I use for Daz Studio and it works pretty well when I need it. They do iray on their Jarvice platform and the rates are pretty reasonable starting at around $1.10 an hour. I don't think I've spent more than about $3 on a render. https://www.nimbix.net/