Converting non Dforce clothing into Dforce

Is there a way to convert non Dforce clothing into Dforce such as genesis 3 female clothing or genesis 8 clothing? How difficult is it if there is? How do I do it?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited November 2021

Yes, you can do it, but not all clothing is created in a way that works with dForce. Many work fine, though. Select the clothing item in the Scene pane and then "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface" from the Simulation Settings pane context menu (right click on the "hamburger" menu icon). Once you have added the dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface, you can adjust dForce settings for the cloth in the Surfaces pane if necessary.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 235358.jpg
    521 x 552 - 43K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Willy2Willy2 Posts: 165

In addition, there are additional things you need to know. For example, knowing how to exclude part of the clothing from the simulation.
    If you have a mini skirt, you must exclude the belt from the simulation, otherwise this garment will slip on the legs and reach the floor. Same for the buttons of a garment which must not be deformed.
    Then, you will have to learn how to put certain parts of the body outside the simulation (notably the hands) to avoid fatal collisions which cause the garment to explode.

• and it has to be welded or it will just disintegrate 

• leo04leo04 Posts: 318

WendyLuvsCatz said:

and it has to be welded or it will just disintegrate 

How do I do that?

• his xhis x Posts: 866

Willy2 said:

In addition, there are additional things you need to know. For example, knowing how to exclude part of the clothing from the simulation.
    If you have a mini skirt, you must exclude the belt from the simulation, otherwise this garment will slip on the legs and reach the floor. Same for the buttons of a garment which must not be deformed.
    Then, you will have to learn how to put certain parts of the body outside the simulation (notably the hands) to avoid fatal collisions which cause the garment to explode.

Man, when you're right, you're right.

I've been trying to DForce the Boulevard Dress for a long time. I was doing real well except for an artifact that appeared on the neck every time I ran Simulation. I turned off the visibility on certain parts of the dress, parts that didn't need simulation anyway, and the artifact went away. Miraculous! Thanks.