The Installation of the "DAZ Content Management Blah Blah Blah.......

Whats the problem?

DAZ 4.16.0.3

Mac OS 11.6.2

Thaks and have a happy new year!

Comments

• Please don't shrink the screen shot, it makes it harder to read.

• I just dragged it into the body of the message via "attach a file". I did nothing else. I saw no other controls when uploading. Is there something that I should have known?

The "Image" icon on the toolbar in the message window just had a bunch of HTML stuff - no clue how that stuff works.

Same results. I must be crazy!

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 4.42.14 PM.png
    908 x 492 - 116K
  • Well, now it popped up at the bottom of the message, so I have no idea of whats going on. frown

• I suspect this is the Mac's protection against foreign code kicking in.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,520

Hi,

are you installing from a user that is allowed to sudo (Administrate the computer)?

• Totte said:

Hi,

are you installing from a user that is allowed to sudo (Administrate the computer)

Im the only account on my computer.

I was trying to install "DAZStudio_4.16.0.3_Mac64.app"

• Richard Haseltine said:

I suspect this is the Mac's protection against foreign code kicking in.

So no mre Daz for macs? Ive havent used daz in a year or so and wanted to get back into it. 

• sydgrl3d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

So no mre Daz for macs? Ive havent used daz in a year or so and wanted to get back into it. 

If it is that issue then you just have to tell the system to allow the installer.

• Richard Haseltine said:

sydgrl3d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If it is that issue then you just have to tell the system to allow the installer.

Huh? I dont think we are talking about the same thing, however I am super hungover smiley

Im trying to install DAZ with the "DAZStudio_4.16.0.3_Mac64.app" and when I get to the end of the installation, I get the popup "The installation of the DAZ Content Management Service....." I hit the only option "OK". So when I launch DAZ, I get this popup that "A valid PostgreSQL connection could not be found........" and none of my content from the store can be found....actually, there's no content at all because I cant login.

Am I a super rare situation thats gonna have to contact support,

.....because last time i contacted support.............no

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 3.07.50 PM.png
    956 x 444 - 236K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,396
    edited January 2022

That message means you need to install PostgreSQL. It is a seperate installer than Daz Studio. Ocne you install it that should go away. If you are installing with DIM then just type in postgre in the seach box and it will come up.

Post edited by frank0314 on

I would recommend installing everything using DAZ Install Manager (DIM), and not trying to put together a complete installation yourself from various bits and pieces that makes up a complete installation of DAZ Studio. 

• Totte said:

I would recommend installing everything using DAZ Install Manager (DIM), and not trying to put together a complete installation yourself from various bits and pieces that makes up a complete installation of DAZ Studio. 

The fun never ends, does it?

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 1.29.40 PM.png
    832 x 896 - 674K

Rightclick and select Open...