Are there any issues with uploading images?

VitalBodiesVitalBodies Posts: 161
edited May 2022 in The Commons

I am having issues with uploading images? 
Is the a size limit? Is the DS server down? 
Waited 3 hours on a few tries. 
One images is 175KB. 

I can cruise around the forum so I know my connection works. 
I can save a draft but images just say "uploading". 
I just got an error 502 bad gateway. 

Post edited by VitalBodies on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,186

Uploading images to the gallery, or the forums?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

You aren't by any chance trying to upload an image on an iPad, are you?... you'll need to use FireFox or Chrome for that as Safari hasn't worked for uploading pictures in years.

• VitalBodiesVitalBodies Posts: 161

To the forum. And why yes, using an iPad. 

McGyver said:

You aren't by any chance trying to upload an image on an iPad, are you?... you'll need to use FireFox or Chrome for that as Safari hasn't worked for uploading pictures in years.

Firefox worked to upload photos from an iPad. Thanks!  

Interestingly enough I uploaded a new profile image with Safari from my iPad....

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

Be aware of file names, some special characters will prevent upload.  Stick to alphanumeric characters, hyphen and underscore.

Thanks. I don't always name my images. One inage I uploaded was IMG_1287.jpg for example. I will watch out for that. Can the forum deal with HEIC format? 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073
    I really don't know, but multi-purpose container formats, such as HEIC, are much more difficult to deal with than single purpose image formats. 'The simpler the better' is a good rule of thumb. The forum can definitely cope with .gif, .jpg and .png, and knowing it has been around for a good few years would suggest that newer formats might be pushing it a bit. Furthermore, the forum is used by windows users too, and I haven't heard of HEIC compatibility being widespread on Windows (but, it may well be because I am somewhat out of date). Regards, Richard.
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

VitalBodies said:

Thanks. I don't always name my images. One inage I uploaded was IMG_1287.jpg for example.

That name is perfectly OK, all that matters is what characters you use.