SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098
    edited May 2022

Well, maybe that one is a little too short for me. What is this FE hair? Is it this one: https://www.daz3d.com/fe-short-hair-vol-4-for-genesis-8-and-81

the FE Short Hair Volume 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1? Looks like it has a lot of styles, including messy.

Post edited by inquire on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,268

inquire said:

Well, maybe that one is a little too short for me. What is this FE hair? Is it this one: https://www.daz3d.com/fe-short-hair-vol-4-for-genesis-8-and-81

the FE Short Hair Volume 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1? Looks like it has a lot of styles, including messy.

Double-Ha!  That is FE Short Hair Volume 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 inmy image!

• I've been using this hair lately.

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-side-part-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8

I like how it looks and has dials to shorten the hair, make it messy, longer, etc.

Here's a sample render that I was working on when I saw your query, inquire. :)

The character is mostly a combination of Harrison, Taurus, Fibo, and Devon.

Hope this helps. :)

Lee

G81M-HarrisonTaurusFiboDevonMix-JeansOutfit-1-FacePortrait-1.png
    967 x 1251 - 1M

Thanks for the suggestion, Lee.

• inquire said:

Thanks for the suggestion, Lee.

You're quite welcome, inquire. :)

I used this hair (dialed short) on my Sacha character test render as shown in my NSFW DA gallery.  You can get a feel for what this hair looks like dialed down to about the shortest style it offers.

It might not have the look you're after, as I haven't tried dialing it longer or messier.

Lee

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2022

Okay, you guys convinced me to buy Devon. I really wasn't going to, because I didn't want another figure missing his parts, but I really liked the renders, and I was wrong about the parts. He has elements! 

I chose to use Aron hair, since I just bought it, and he looks like a action-hero type to me.

Devon HD3.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Devon HD.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 812K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited May 2022

I thought there would be a comment about the new guy, Corvin by Carboncrow.  We may not be getting enough male characters but we are getting ones with character.  What does he bring to the dna?  Well, he has a distinctive short torso/long leg physique, a very ideosyncratic but really human looking face, and a great HD smile.  I have noticed a lot of characters have morphs for anatomic elements; his are a bit much but can be dialed down.

Corvin.jpeg
    1539 x 1261 - 522K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,187

Don't forget the weird, flesh-colored nipples.

The nipples seem like a minor issue to me... if they bothered me, I could either put a shirt on the character or recolor one texture in seconds or in post.  I am more creeped out by thin chimp-like lips in characters and real life... I have just given myself the Willies.

I picked up Corvin. I expected something kind of special given he was 18 bucks and some change. I found his lower torso did look as nice as I would like when he moves in more action-like poses. It's sort of broad down there, and so when he moves, his weight shifts in weird ways.   His signature smile is the only added option, but I am not sure it is worth the price tag. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Yeah, the price tag was what kept me from getting Corvin. I might sometime after he goes off new-item sale, but he wasn't quite something I needed/wanted Right Now. (Also, I still haven't found all the parts of my computer to reassemble it after moving -- nonprofessional people who didn't listen to "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" when instructed produce some not-fun results.)

edited May 2022

One thing to note if you really wanted Corvins sig smile, is the morph only works with Corvin. I tried dialing it into Torment and no luck

edited May 2022

Serene Night said:

One thing to note if you really wanted Corvins sig smile, is the morph only works with Corvin. I tried dialing it into Torment and no luck

If you do want to add the smile to another character, you can dial in Corvin's morph at a very low percent such as .0001%, then the morph dials do work.  Be alert that the smile is a morph rather than eleborate manipulations of expressions or FACS so they can look a little grotesque in characters they weren't designed for at full strength.  Here is Vysur's Lukas for Genesis 8 male with Corvin's smile at 50%

Smile.jpg
    1539 x 1261 - 1014K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

nemesis10 said:

Serene Night said:

If you do want to add the smile to another character, you can dial in Corvin's morph at a very low percent such as .0001%, then the morph dials do work.  Be alert that the smile is a morph rather

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

nemesis10 said:

Serene Night said:

If you do want to add the smile to another character, you can dial in Corvin's morph at a very low percent such as .0001%, then the morph dials do work.  Be alert that the smile is a morph rather

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

edited May 2022

Owen and Boyd are in their Brooklyn apartment.

I was pleased to find that the latest Zeddicus set: Z Drink Up includes a bubble tea prop. You can recolor the fluid to be anything. It defaults to sort of a green tea flavor. 

Cheers.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Serene Night said:

Owen and Boyd on the Ferris Wheel. I figured I ought to use the Ferris Wheel for something since I bought it and it languished in my runtime. Boyd is wearing the top from the Baggy and Jo Jo outfit.

I forgot I wanted that stuffed frog. Did it come with the ferris wheel there in you nice render?

The frog came from rendo and was part of a stuffed animal set which included a cute unicorn. The vendor's name escapes me at present but I will think of it soon.

Serene Night said:

The frog came from rendo and was part of a stuffed animal set which included a cute unicorn. The vendor's name escapes me at present but I will think of it soon.

thanks

edited May 2022

It's called stuffed animals by rppublishing   Owen likes the unicorn as well.

Serene Night said:

It's called stuffed animals by rppublishing   Owen likes the unicorn as well.

thanks

edited May 2022

I really like Camilo hair. It is dForce but has tons of styling and movement morphs. It also lets you pose individual pieces and this makes impalement by a dread less possible. 

While I do like it, it is a unisex style and at times it looks slightly female from certain angles. I'm not entirely sure why. 

1.jpg
    1600 x 1800 - 1M

A new character: Bruce HD by PedroFurtardoArts. The promo page says, "Anatomical Elements Supported." Now, what does that mean? I tried to communicate with the artist via the Inbox, but apparaently he isn't listed there. I'm guessing there are no anatomical elements provided.  But why is this strange "Anatomical Elements Supported" statement there. Does anyone know for sure about this?

edited May 2022

inquire said:

A new character: Bruce HD by PedroFurtardoArts. The promo page says, "Anatomical Elements Supported." Now, what does that mean? I tried to communicate with the artist via the Inbox, but apparaently he isn't listed there. I'm guessing there are no anatomical elements provided.  But why is this strange "Anatomical Elements Supported" statement there. Does anyone know for sure about this?

I would be truly astonished if Bruce doesn't have textures for the anatomical elements. PedroFurtadoArts typically includes both textures and shaping morphs. His readme says  

• “Materials:Iray:Masculine:Bruce HD and Hair for Genesis 8.1 Male:Genitalia”

So he definitely has them.

Also, Bruce has a thread started by the vendor: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7505256/

It appears that Bruce may have an issue or two. His "Bruce Uncircumcised HD" morph is throwing duplicate formula errors. (Apparently, at some point, Daz fixed the error message so that it shows both things that are conflicting, instead of just the second one. FINALLY.)

Erwin, by Feng, on the other hand almost certainly does not have anatomical elements textures. None listed in the readme or his file list. Abs and muscles for days, but no dingus.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited May 2022

I picked it up and will check it out later, if someone hasn't by then. I'm not keen on his mouth but the shape is interesting and Iike his hair.

@wwrangler: Where do you find that? I don't see that on the promo page. Did you buy the product? I see the Hair mentioned on the promo page, but I don't find anything that reads for Genesis 8.1 Male:Genitalia.

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm just asking where you found that. I've bought products before, without gens textures, and had the devil of a time trying to find textures that would fit. And the fact that he (PedroFurtardo) is not reachable via the Inbox, is not a bonus.

Serene Night said:

I picked it up and will check it out later, if someone hasn't by then. I'm not keen on his mouth but the shape is interesting and Iike his hair.

Oh, YEA! I will await your comments and critical examinations of this product.

inquire said:

@wwrangler: Where do you find that? I don't see that on the promo page. Did you buy the product? I see the Hair mentioned on the promo page, but I don't find anything that reads for Genesis 8.1 Male:Genitalia.

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm just asking where you found that. I've bought products before, without gens textures, and had the devil of a time trying to find textures that would fit. And the fact that he (PedroFurtardo) is not reachable via the Inbox, is not a bonus.

On Bruce's readme, as I said. If you have the DazDeals browser plugin, it puts a link to the readme in the product page for all products.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/85670/start

Also, PedroFurtadoArts is reachable through the Inbox. If you go to the thread I linked in the post -- the one that explicitly states that Bruce has a problem with his uncircumcised morph for the genitalia -- you'll see that PedroFurtadoArts is the first person posting in the thread. If you click on his name, that will take you to his profile, which should have a link to "Message" in the upper right corner, where you can send him an inquiry. No idea whether or not he will answer, but you can certainly send him a message.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/3279261/PedroFurtadoArts

@vwrangler: I'm sorry. I guess I missed some of what you were saying. I'm on a Mac, so how would I get the DAZDeals browser plugin?

inquire said:

@vwrangler: I'm sorry. I guess I missed some of what you were saying. I'm on a Mac, so how would I get the DAZDeals browser plugin?

It's a regular browser plugin, so as long as you're using Firefox, or Chrome or one of its descendants, you should be able to use it. If you're using Safari, it's not available.

More information here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1