UltraScenery Iray Preview Mode - How to Go Back?

This happens often enough to be a headache- create scenery in UltraScenery, add other props and figures, switch to Iray preview to see how it all looks, and... it gets stuck there. Trying to click back to "texture shaded" or any other mode is a crapshoot, and the only other option is to shut down everything in Task Manager.

Is there an easy way to avoid this, or is this my fate? 

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Its been highly advised not to use Iray Preview with US it has way to many instances.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

If you hit CTRL 3, that's one of the wire shade mode hotkeys & should get you unstuck in a minute or so.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

When I am going to do anything in US, or USXT, I first switch to 'Memory' and make sure Iray Preview is off first. And I set my screen size to something small to make sample test renders. That way I can see if the light, sky, or if something is sticking up through something else. 

As I have a 1080 and a 1080ti, I also have to be cautious about the instances, so unless I need a close-up of the river bed or a path... it is wise to close the eye on those options. Especially if you add in a critter by AM or some people.