Basic keyframing, should be easy ?

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited December 1969 in New Users

Been trying to do some animation today, with just a few simple keyframes and i'm getting some weird results. I thought this would be easy but i really don't understand what i'm doing wrong.
I setup the timeline to have 61 frames, and these are the keyframes :
Frame 0 : everything zeroed.
Frame 20 : figured moved on Z-axis.
Frame 60 : figure moved on Z and Y axis.
When i play the animation the figure already goes up slightly between frames 0 and 20. That's not supposed to happen, right ?

Btw, i'm using DS4.5.1.6 64-bit on Windows7.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Been trying to do some animation today, with just a few simple keyframes and i'm getting some weird results. I thought this would be easy but i really don't understand what i'm doing wrong.
    When i play the animation the figure already goes up slightly between frames 0 and 20. That's not supposed to happen, right ?

try adding a key at frame 19

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited October 2012

My understanding of Keyframes, that is correct. The item will move from the zero position at frame 0, and will be tweaned untill it gets to the full pose at frame 20. If you only want it to move after frame 20, then set your zeroed pose to frame 20, and it will then start to move untill the next keyframe is reached.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited October 2012

The figure goes up because of the interpolation. Interpolation is the way the in-between frames are generated. Casual has a good explanation, and a script to change interpolation method here: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/setinterpolation-for-ds2-3

But adding keyframes as bigh suggests will fix it too.

Edit - sorry I misread the question - my answer is when the figure moves between 20 and 60. Jimmy has a good answer.

Post edited by carolinebegbie on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Ok, i see how that would create smoother animation, and complicate exact positioning :lol:
    Thanks for the fix and the info.