Very big sale on bundles - tremendous, actually

There are currently some unreal sales on bundles in the store, wanted to give everyone the heads up.  If you buy one new item from the 'Brutes, Brawn, and Bling' section, the price of the bundles drops to $10 each, and many of them drop to $3 each.  These are very pricey Genesis2 bundles, including tons of high quality clothing as well as lots of scenes as well.  Even if you're like me, and don't use Genesis2 (Genesis1 is my figure of choice) if you've got the clothing clones from Sickleyield this is a huge array of clothing you can add to your primary figure, not to mention lots of scenes that may be very useful as well.  And if you do use Genesis2, well there's also tons of characters/skins/poses too.  Actually I just realized I think I have a pose converter, so I guess I can actually make use of the poses too.

Also, none of this depends on being platinum club, as I let my plat membership go a long while back (when DAZ wasn't giving any updates on when/if Carrara 9 would be coming), these are sale prices for all. 

To give an example, I'm looking at a loaded cart that of 31 bundles right now that would normally be over $1600.00 USD (much more if each item was bought individually) but I'm looking at a pricetag of around $200.  Now $200 is still more than I woke up willing to spend today, but as this might be the biggest sale discount I've ever encountered here, I thought I should mention it to all my compadres here  :)

Now got to figure out what to cut from my cart, or whether I'll just plunge ahead and buy it all...  :)

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited July 2016

Bravo, Jon!

Once you have all of that incredible bling... you might want to give Genesis 2 another try even! 

Sweet savings!!! Time to beg Rosie for permission to take part!!! :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks Jonstark

Bummer! Rosie says I ain't got 'nough pennies fer buyin' assets! :(

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Bummer! Rosie says I ain't got 'nough pennies fer buyin' assets! :(

To put it in cheese terms:  That's no gouda!   :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for the notice.  I tend to use Genesis 2.  Was able to get a couple things I had my eye on at a reasonable price.

Must be about time for Genesis 4 to come out in the Fall.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thanks for that JonStark, my wallet officially hates you!

(with PC+ and voucher and adding this week's "club item", I got 5 bundles and a mini haven for $25 & change) nevertheless, Dartan's Rosie should probably have shouted louder!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I got more bundles than I really need but when the came out to $7 each It was a lot of savings since i end to use All the character ages it was worth it.

I ended up cutting some of the bundles out of my cart, but still spent $115 (for just under $1000 worth of products in bundle form).  This morning I see the sale is still going, and I'm second guessing myself.  My willpower may not bear up, and I might dive back in for more... 

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,878

Oh I wish there were some Genesis 3 Bundles on sale as well. I always use the latest figures only.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Toyen said:

Oh I wish there were some Genesis 3 Bundles on sale as well. I always use the latest figures only.

Unfortunately Gen3 dont work in Carrara yet.

Toyen said:

I can see that being very good practice. I'm still using Generation 4! LOL

I have a lot of Genesis 1 and 2 (M&F) content and a small collection for 3, but in my Carrara animations, I really enjoy the characters I've made, and the content selection availability still hasn't caught up to a point where I can validate a switch. Hair being the main one which is still not available, but I also still don't have the costumes I need either, even though I've bought most of the ones I like - they just don't match up to my heroes yet.

However, if I do decide to make the switch, the major benefit I have is that the CCTs in D|S are so wonderful and powerful that I could make my own content. I've done enough practice on Genesis 2 Male and Female so far to know that Carrara is insanely wonderful at modeling for Genesis! I'm surprised that more content artists aren't using Carrara.

Other modelers - artists have to import various exports of the figure mesh to create special JCMs, morph support, etc.,

Carrara - after exporting the base mesh, simply crank up the needed morph or make the appropriate joint rotation, model the morph, and export - repeat!!! It's just cool!

edited July 2016
    Toyen said:

However, if I do decide to make the switch, the major benefit I have is that the CCTs in D|S are so wonderful and powerful that I could make my own content. I've done enough practice on Genesis 2 Male and Female so far to know that Carrara is insanely wonderful at modeling for Genesis! I'm surprised that more content artists aren't using Carrara.

Other modelers - artists have to import various exports of the figure mesh to create special JCMs, morph support, etc.,

Carrara - after exporting the base mesh, simply crank up the needed morph or make the appropriate joint rotation, model the morph, and export - repeat!!! It's just cool!

Since I'm engaged currently in a painstaking process of creating Genesis1 versions of all my clothing, and saving it as Carrara content (so it will be more stable, load faster, and already be textured the way I want) I've lately had a lot of practice at doing some modeling tweaks to various outfits lately, and I've got to say I completely agree.  The way you can model in the assembly room on top of multiple other clothes and the figure itself, morphed however you need it, strikes me as invaluable, and I'm bewildered that Carrara isn't more of a mainstay choice of clothing creators, as it seems like the most ideal tool for this imaginable.

Post edited by Jonstark on

See? It's not just me!!! yes

edited August 2016

Perhaps not just on "Bundles" but, being a Generation 4 figure user, I just bought over $225 USD of products (including those two petipet sci-fi kits I was looking at) for only $22 USD!!! Lots and lots of really cool stuff!

Thank you, marketing team! I love you folks!!! :)

... and a LOT MORE!!! Really... LOTS!!!

edited August 2016

The Ocean Queen Mega Bundle from RDNA comes with Dragon Rider gear for both V4 and M4 AND a whole new Dragon figure, the Ocean Queen!!! Very cool!

Oh... and she also gets a saddle and harness. The dragon, herself, is not (at least at this time) sold separately here. But on Sale for all of this for $4.00... Whew!!! Have to give her a try!

edited August 2016

...and Reby Sky, right?

Were you around when Daz3d was hyping up the release of "Who is Reby Sky"? 

It was a huge thing. She adds a lot to Victoria 4 from Elite Textures to Elite Shapes to additional Expressions built in (if you INJect them) as morphs!

The Reby Sky Bundle also comes with Reby Hair! It's awesome! Plenty of morphs for fitting and movements!

<<< That's the Reby Sky Elite Hair Promo Image

That's just a nice Reby Photo! >>>

Here is the Daz3d photo shoot! ;)

...and there's more

...here she is at the DAZ 3D booth at a Halloween Convention! (beware... gross halloween stuff happening!)

...nothing like taking a selfie, eh?

So... Who IS Reby Sky?

• ...and Reby Sky, right?

Were you around when Daz3d was hyping up the release of "Who is Reby Sky"? 

It was a huge thing. She adds a lot to Victoria 4 from Elite Textures to Elite Shapes to additional Expressions built in (if you INJect them) as morphs!

The Reby Sky Bundle also comes with Reby Hair! It's awesome! Plenty of morphs for fitting and movements!

<<< That's the Reby Sky Elite Hair Promo Image

That's just a nice Reby Photo! >>>

Here is the Daz3d photo shoot! ;)

...and there's more

...here she is at the DAZ 3D booth at a Halloween Convention! (beware... gross halloween stuff happening!)

...nothing like taking a selfie, eh?

So... Who IS Reby Sky?

Dartanbeck,

I met Reba Sky at the DAZ booth at Macworld or Comic-con years back. She didn't look that good in real life. Maybe it was the clothes. Lol

That would be cool! 

Dartanbeck,

I met Reba Sky at the DAZ booth at Macworld or Comic-con years back. She didn't look that good in real life. Maybe it was the clothes. Lol

edited August 2016

Okay, sorry about this... you all know how excited I get....

I just got around to checking out (briefly) this new "Ocean Queen" dragon I just bought. (click image on left to go to my original post, above)

It's impossible to know what it's all about here at the DAZ store, since it isn't available (yet?) individually, so I thought I come in and show a little bit.

Cute, isn't she? With a wing span of 30 feet, this 16 foot long dragon is really, really cool!

Like some Poser models, the EZ-Pose dials aren't working, which isn't a deal at all for me. The expressions and shapes work fine so I don't care, since I enjoy selecting and posing each individual part anyways.

If this IS a problem for you, and you have this (or something else with the same issues), one way to try and fix it is to go into Poser, load it in, adjust all of the EZ-Poses into a pose - even if you don't like the pose - and save the figure back into the Runtime in the same format (.CR2) - if it's the same folder don't forget to give it a special name.

Now open it in Carrara and try again.  

Also notice that I've included a sample of the Parameters tab... Lot of Shape Morphs built right in!!!! 

<< click screenshot on right for larger view >> 

Another method that I haven't tried yet would be to do the same thing except in D|S, exporting as a CR2, or even perhaps a DUF(?)

===========================================================================================

This cool dragon comes with plenty of MAT options for getting the initial colors going - Blue, Red, Blue with Gems, Red with Gems are the color options I've seen so far, each with other choices... there are a lot of choices.

That being said, opening up the Textures folder for this thing is a real treat! AMB maps (?) look almost like they're meant to be a reflective mask, perhaps? Spec maps for Highlight channel, many color options, several bump options... this thing has got it going on for Carrara users! Especially if we have Carrara 8.5 with the new Layers! Mixing some of these color maps will make for a real treat... I'm gonna love this!

Since I'm only showing the "Base" mesh here, I should add that there are a LOT of conforming bits for this beautiful creature. Wing and Tail membranes, Head bits, Neck, Body, Tail... lots of fun stuff - with MAT files for all of it!

I got the expansion Pose Kit for it as well, which comes with some extra goodies which I haven't looked at yet - but I have riding gear for V4, M4 and a saddle and reigns fro the dragon, which all comes in the bundle, which was the only way to currently get this dragon. Whew... that was a mouthful! LOL

OceanQueenDragon1a.jpg
    1366 x 724 - 899K
    edited August 2016

Here she is with some quick shaders tossed on... pretty nice dragon! 

Thanks Arki! It's an excellent model!

(still haven't added any features... still just the Base figure )

OceanQueen_RG1_A.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 534K
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Jonstark, Thanks... grabbed everything I wanted and kept it under $100... hopefully I'll not add anything else. Now I can get back to modeling objects again. :)

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

Holy crap cakes.  I only got three bundles, but feel like I've covered most everything I missed from the Gen 4 figures.  Wow.

6 bucks after one of my Plat Club coupons.