"Night Bar" renders all black after shader adjustment

So I just purchased This product http://www.daz3d.com/night-bar

I did a test render in iRay and it was beautiful. Then I added a fabric shader to one of the couches and now everything renders black.
Tried starting a new scene from scratch with no changes, still black. Uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled, still black.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Have you move the camera around? It may be that the camera is loading inside a piece of the model. I assume other scenes dos til render correctly?

• pbateman28pbateman28 Posts: 22

Unfortunately, I know it isn't the camera as it renders black in "spot render" within the perspective view.

Yeah, so I got it working again by deleteing half of the furnishings. Then I added a new light source and BAM, all balck again.
    This is without a doubt the most touchy scene I've worked with thus far. I will not be purchasing any more of this creator's content, which is unfortunate because it's a beautiful scene.

• Unfortunately, I know it isn't the camera as it renders black in "spot render" within the perspective view.

Which is still looking through the camera/view.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

It's not Polish' content. If your test render was good, then you made a change and it was bad, the vendor wouldn't be the first place to look.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,823
    Yeah, so I got it working again by deleteing half of the furnishings. Then I added a new light source and BAM, all balck again.

This is without a doubt the most touchy scene I've worked with thus far. I will not be purchasing any more of this creator's content, which is unfortunate because it's a beautiful scene.

That feels ... weirdly familiar, although not about that set. Something like ...  if you're able to render from Perspective View, and then you put a light source in and then the image goes dark may mean that your Perspective View render was being illuminated by the headlamp in the camera, and the light source you're putting into the room takes over for the headlamp -- that's the way Studio is designed -- but is too dim for the camera to actually work with, too dim to sufficiently light the space. (Perspective View is a camera of sorts, but it behaves differently from the ones you get through the Create menu or that the vendors put into the scenes they create. It's not customizable, for example, and by design does not retain position information. However, like the other cameras, it does do an automatic headlamp for unlit scenes.)

Also, you do, in fact, want to check your material surfaces here and there. That vendor has a habit of mixing 3Delight and Iray materials in their Iray-ready scenes. Mostly it works -- Studio can autoconvert some materials on the fly -- but it doesn't always. Typically, the emissive materials will be Iray Uber, and everything else will be Studio Default. That set looks like it may have some custom shaders as well, since the vendor specifically says that you shouldn't render using 3Delight because that will make Studio crash.

edited July 2016

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've found that by deleting certain scene elements (some furniture items, and light sources) it renders fine, if I add them back in, it renders black.
    Something about thoses specific items iRay doesn't like.

Post edited by pbateman28 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Then I added a new light source and BAM, all balck again.

This definitely sounds like the new light overriding the Headlight, which was still active previously. Nothing to do with the scene. Did you leave the Headlight turned on, and were there any other lights in the scene before you added that new one?

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,822