(Dis)Organization Help? (aka, I can't find my stuff in DAZ)

jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
edited December 1969 in New Users

Just a quick question - I've gotten a bunch of stuff for DAZ, a few pay items but mostly freebies from the net. My problem is that I have no idea how to move them into DAZ so I can see them in the Content Library pane. Right now I'm importing sort of at random, so it's taking a lot more effort to get what I want in the scene. I looked at Jaderail's tutorials, but without images I'm pretty lost.

Once again, I'd really appreciate any help you could give. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited December 1969

If there's a Runtime or Data folder in the zip, then that (and any other folders alongside it) needs to go in your My Library folder (assuming you took the default location). If the content is correctly set up that should put things in the right place.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If I can get this info I'll try to walk you through zip installs from Free sites. PC type, OS type and Bit, and DS version.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

OS is Windows 7 64 bit, DS is the latest release of 4.5 Pro through the store, PC is a custom gaming rig (not sure the information you want for this).

Thanks for your help on this so far - I'm off to try and move folders about. :)

edited December 1969

Okay Win7 makes it easy. Open My Library Folder and PASTE a zip files RUNTIME into it. At prompt do MERGE. That will put all content were it belongs. Never put a Runtime inside another Runtime. You always Merge them into the My Library Runtime.

You will then find all the content in the Poser Formats> folders of the Content Library Tab.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Woohoo! Success! Thank you again! :)

Just one more question, though - what about props that aren't in the standard Runtime folder layout? Is there any way to include them in the Content Library?

edited December 1969

Personally I just put those in a folder and Use the Import option to load them. If they have textures and Surface Zones I add them using the Surfaces Tab. If I plan to use the Item often I will save it as a Scene file with no lights so I can merge it into any scene later.