Problems finding content on new install

nkluksdahlnkluksdahl Posts: 13
edited December 1969 in New Users

I downloaded the DAZ3D Studio 4.5 and installed it per instructions. When I open it, it already has the Genesis figure in it; the only characters it can find are the generic male, Genesis, and a basic child. From the tutorials and documentation, it looks like there are supposed to be more! I'm doing something wrong, obviously. CMS is running first before I start DAZ Studio. Still nada. I've done a wipe and reinstall twice - with no luck.

The tool looks relatively straightforward to use - once you have some content to start with! It's getting that content that's the bear!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You should also have some clothing that will fit any Genesis, a Sub Dragon and one setting (prop) with all its parts. Plus some pre-made scene files to render and Tutorials to check out. Just to start with, Lights and stuff as well.

Check all your My Library folders in the Smart Content or Content Library Tabs.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This might help to show what the default Genesis content consists of http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Very useful Pete, I have kept a note of that, thanks

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Cheers Jimmy. I was trying to find a thread that lists them too. I thought I'd saved the link but it was not to be.