genesis morphs question

edited October 2012 in The Commons

I've been slowwly adding dson parts of the V5 pro bundle & other odds & ends

I just loaded in the priestess custom morph & sure enough there it is in genesis, but if I keep adding in characters , creatures , etc does this mean I have to fathom through a huge list on the figure parts list eveytime I want to use 1

Also I noticed I cant apply a V5 body with an ethnic face as it automaticly adds the v5 face anyone else having this problem

Post edited by ludus210-manica_3cb56d3397 on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There should be a dial for the V5 face...it is probably full on for the V5 character load, so you'll have to dial it down. But, like you noticed, there are also individual dials for all the morphs...and yes the list keeps growing. You can load up a blank Genesis and use the individual dials to bring in just what you want...like V5 body and any head you want...or mix any head with the V5 head.

It's a lot more flexible and controllable...but at the same time there are a lot more controls to wade through to find what you want.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited October 2012

Yeah, what you should do if you want to use 100% of V5's body, but 0% of her head morph, is dial:

Victoria 5 1.00
    Victoria 5 Head -1.00

Then dial in whichever head morph you want to use. Keep in mind, though, that some characters' head morphs are supposed to be added on to V5's default head.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Keep in mind, though, that some characters' head morphs are supposed to be added on to V5's default head.

OTOH this can be another way of changing the appearance of a character.

Getting back to the OP:
    Does this mean I have to fathom through a huge list on the figure parts list eveytime I want to use 1

Not necessarily. I don't know how things are presented in Poser, but certainly in Studio there is a hierarchical list of character and other morphs under the Actor heading that allows you to quickly drill down to the morph you want. Yes, the lists will get longer as you add characters to the Genesis gene pool, but hopefully not unmanageably so.

I've even managed to add completely new groupings of morphs within the hierarchy and move morphs into them, though that does take fiddling with the contents of the morph files and isn't something to try unless you're happy editing DUF files.