DIM or DS4... which is wrong?

As usual the DS4/GoZ (4.9.3.37 and 1.6.3.37 respectively) update has broken the GoZ link. Honestly, it's about time this was sorted out!

However, it's not too difficult to fix normally. In ZBrush the link can be restored by resetting the path to GoZ via preferences. This is normally sufficient. Note: the issue is not with Zbrush which has not changed, but with the GoZ bridge plugin for DS.

This time the easy step did not work so I reset the correct path to Zbrush in DIM and also uninstalled GoZ from DS using DIM (there is no other way apparently). However, when I checked in DS I found that GoZ was still installed even though DIM shows it as not installed. So which program is being dumb, DIM or DS? More importantly, how do I solve the problem?

I have tried simply reinstalling GoZ with DIM, but that does not solve the problem; I still get a message saying that Zbrush cannot be found. (Note: the path to Z brush in DIM is correct)

DIM or DS01.PNG
1029 x 717 - 64K

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Update: The latest update of DS caused a second path for DS to be created within the existing path for DS. Now why on earth would it do that??

I have manually put the new files back to the original path (The path is now back to:-  C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\DAZStudio.exe).

Uninstalling GoZ with DIM now works, as does reinstalling GoZ.

However, I still get a message from DS when trying to use "Send to Zbrush", that DS cannot find the Zbrush path....

(Note... I have a limited life span and I'd prefer not to spend as much of it fighting with DIM)

• What are your paths - set in DIM in the Applications tab and the Installation tab, set in DAZ Studio, and the actual location of Daz Studio? Screenshots of the DIM Preferences tabs and the DS and Zbrush settings, to make sure there's no misunderstanding, please.

Here are screen shots of the paths to DS and Zbrush in DIM, the path to DS from Zbrush and the actual paths of DS and Zbrush in File Explorer.

I'm not sure what you mean by "..the DIM Preferences tabs and the DS and Zbrush settings.."

Paths.jpg
    1325 x 1704 - 698K
  • I also wanted the Installation tab from DIM's preferences, so two tabs from that. That all looks fine, so I'm not sure how the errro could be creeping in.

In the installation panel I saw that 64 bit app were directed to:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build

rather than just

C:\Program Files

I changed the 64 bit app installation path in DIM to the Program Files folder and uninstalled both DS and GoZ. I reinstalled DS and then GoZ using DIM. Now DS can send figures to Zbrush correctly and Zbrush was able to detect the DS app and send a morph back to DS via GoZ.

So, it appears that the issue may have been my fault for not having the correct paths setup (apologies for that). I will see if this remains a problem after the next DS update.

Thanks for your help.

• Ah, that was what I suspected but the paths in the Applications tab didn't appear to indicate it. Glad you fixed it.