Removing All Textures and Maps

I know this is something that in theory, no one would ever want to do, but I'm experimenting with some post-work stuff.

Is there any way to select every item in a scene (all at once, not one at a time) and remove all the textures collectively?  Basically leave everything looking like a white surface with just whatever shadows arise from the lighting.  I know I can probably approximate the effect using some of the commercial clay shaders in the store (just apply them to everything).  I'm just curious if there is a way to actually remove the textures and leave all objects untextured.

Comments

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Create a primitive cube or sphere and give it the neutral material you want in the Surface tab. Select your new surface in the Surfaces tab and save as a shader preset, which will be saved to My Library and under Presets>Shaders.

Select all of your objects (Shift-Click) in the Scene tab (select all children if you want to be sure). Go to the Surfaces tab and Shift select all of the surfaces for every object.

Go to My Library and find your shader preset. Double click on the shader preset.

If you investigate the sub-settings when you make your neutral shader preset, you can turn off individual settings, so you could (for instance) tell your shader preset not to overwrite the transparency settings and maps.

You'll need to be renderer specific with your shader preset (3Delight/iray).

At least I'm pretty sure that'd do what you want.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    Jimbow said:

Go to the Surfaces tab and Shift select all of the surfaces for every object.

Or alternately, click inside the pane and use CTRL+A to highlight every surface. For figures/Objects use the Scene pane menu> Expand All, then use CTRL+A to highlight them all.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Aha. Thanks for the tip.