High resolution mesh?

samurlesamurle Posts: 94

I'm using the following code to get the mesh vertices, but I only get the base resolution mesh (about 17k) for Genesis 3 character.

node->finalize(); DzObject *obj = node->getObject(); DzVertexMesh *cache = obj->getCachedGeom(); for(int i=0; i < cache->getNumVertices(); i++) { }

How do I get the high resolution mesh vertices, instead?  

I've noticed that mesh resolution is set to "High Resolution" by default in the Parameters tab, so I don't understand why I'm getting the base mesh instead.

I assumed the finalize() function converts the mesh to the current resolution set in the Parameters tab?  Is this correct?

Post edited by samurle on

Comments

• samurlesamurle Posts: 94

Changing the parameters passed to finalize() doesn't work.

finalize(FALSE,TRUE);    // default - doesn't work
    finalize(TRUE,TRUE);    // doesn't work

If I use the Wavefront exporter, I get 68k for SubD level 1, and 272k for SubD level 2, so it's obviously possible for a plugin to access the high resolution mesh.  What do I need to do to access it?

btw, the SDK docs are outdated too.  There are no such functions called getInteractiveLevelControl() or getRenderLevelControl(). There is no such class called DzSubDFigureShape either.

• samurlesamurle Posts: 94

Ah, nevermind.  I figured it out.  I didn't realize I could cast getCachedGeom() to DzGeometry, which contains the high res faces.  Awesome.