An old Daz freebie

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
I am following the tutorials for Make your own reality, which i purchased from Daz a while back after having purchsed reality 2, also from Daz. The tutorials require that i use a props set called Radiance of Spirit, which i think was a daz freebie some time ago. I dont seem able to find this in the store, sand wondered if anyone knows how i may obtain this item. If necessary i will pay for it.
Thanks if anyone can help

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Unfortunatley it is not available at this point in time.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The tutorial uses that particular model because it's a fantastic stained glass window.

I don't know of another window, that's free that can fill in for it, but almost any should be able to...the one in Jack's Sacrament set would work, if you have that set, but that's not free. (There aren't all that many decent ones for purchase, either).

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I'm curious about it now, let's all poke Daz to make it free again!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I wanted to follow that tutorial as well, but couldn't because the free item wasn't available anymore. Hope they bring them all back again.

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

Thats such a shame because it makes following a tutorial that was sold for a fair sum of money by Daz almost unusable. I accept that the tutorial itself is a third party product but Daz presumably gets commission on sales. Actually the tutorial can be followed to some extent, but not properly because of the patterned glass. Too bad daz, marking you down for this....

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't think that DAZ 3D would be interested in restoring an old freebie just because a tutorial which is no longer sold on the DAZ 3D site, about a product that is no longer sold on the DAZ 3D site, calls for it.

Possible contacting the vendor, either on his own site, or wherever else he sells now, would be helpful Perhaps he can provide an alternative object to be used in the tutorial.

Having said that we have suggested that the old freebie archive is restored, in some form or another, but many of the freebies are very old, and many don't follow current QA requisits.

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

I take your point about the fact that neither the tutorial or the product is now sold on Daz. This does not alter the fact that at the time when it was sold, Daz made money on it. Good for daz, i have no problem with that. However by removing an essential element of the tutorial Daz has made the tutorial very difficult, if not impossible to follow and therefore the money that people have paid both the vendor and Daz has been, to some degree, wasted.
    You also have a fair point regarding the fact that the vendor has a responsibility to ensure the tutorial can be followed, but of course, at the time he made the tutorial the item under discussion was available. It was not the vendor who withdrew it.
    Hopefully though Daz will restore the freebie archive soon...