Question about morgue/mortuary sets

2»

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Here is an easy way to get the handles the same colour. Go to the Surface Pane, select a metal part, right click > copy then select the handles (named HOLD) and the paste. Repeat for all the handles. I think there are 3.

Edit: Looking good, nicely done.

Post edited by Szark on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Had to leave and watch my football team play. Darn good work on the coffin, happy to see it working out. Way to go, both of you.

edited December 1969

What, American Football. You call that football, don't they run with the ball. LOL Did they win?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    What, American Football. You call that football, don't they run with the ball. LOL Did they win?
    Bite me, and pulled it out in the last minute. Was really looking bad.
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    ... MC6 mats now work with Ds4.5...

Interesting, how do the mc6 mats compare to the older ones typically, any change?

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Szark said:
    ... MC6 mats now work with Ds4.5...

Interesting, how do the mc6 mats compare to the older ones typically, any change?Compared to which older ones Gedd. Poser or Daz Studio? I will assume Poser for which I have no idea sorry. Yes I use Poser but I started at version 8.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    Bite me.OK teeth in, munch. Well at least you got the result you wanted. :)
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2012

Older poser files recognized by DS. Sorry, thought was evident.. probably should have been more specific. pz2 iirc. Basically was asking if the mc6 mats actually looked any better in DS then pz2 mats.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

It's 5.20 am here and I am in a lot of pain so things aren't quite so evident. ;)

http://esha.at/Knowhow/Knowhow_E/Material_E/material_e.html this will explian it better than I can.

MC mats are still a Poser format so no they won't look as good as Daz Studio specific mats but just the same as PZ2.s in looks wise.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited November 2012

I think I've finally cracked the problem of changing the textures on mortuary/morgue sets to get a nicer, cleaner look. It was the work Szark did with me on teaching me how to change the textures and colors on the coffin model last week that untangled the case, so another tip of the hat to you. :) This scene is a combination of items from the Eerie Morgue and the West Park Morgue, along with the Computer Desk from here. The only things I'm still missing are chairs for the computer desks and a proper embalming machine, but chairs are easy to find and I saw a gizmo in the Operating Theatre set at Renderosity that looks like it could be re-purposed easily. Mix and match rules.

Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_One.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 936K
    Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

I am so glad you got a lot from that coffin exercise, I feel am warm and fuzzy now. :)

Mix and match yep that is one of the fun parts of making images. Even more fun when you try to mix and match clothing. :)

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Did some more work on my mortuary set tonight. Appended are views from several angles. It's virtually complete except for that embalming machine. I can buy the Operating Theatre set and re-purpose that "resustication machine" gizmo as an embalming machine, but it'd be a lot better if I could find a model of an actual one, or if I could get somebody to make one for me...

Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_1_Updated_View_6.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 780K
    Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_1_Updated_View_5.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 926K
    Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_1_Updated_View_3.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 899K
    Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_1_Updated_View_2.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 816K
    Mortuary_for_Elegant_Ladies_Embalming_Salon_1_Updated.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 986K