Hand morphs for Genesis 3 MalesI

I'd really like to see some more hand morphs for men. Often Genesis 3 male's hands are quite smooth and not nearly craggy or detailed enough they look like mannequin hands. Hands of adults  need the option for vascularity, knuckles which are pronounced, and fingers length, weight and hand shape.

Comments

• MardookMardook Posts: 291

More male morphs anything at this point...

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Oh god, yesss, Serene Night! I'm always reluctant to do scenes with the guys' hands too close or in foreground because they just don't bend or stress or contract/flex realistically.  Gumby hands, ken doll hands, mannequin hands, but not convincing hands!

I'm with you, a "beauty pack" for the guys that focuses on upgrading the hands is definitely  at the top of my wishlist for new product.  There are already products on the Daz market for the female models to finesse their hands and feet, but for the guys... nada.

---Gen

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
    edited December 2016

The things that bothers me when I pose the G3Ms is the fingernails are so long. I understand manicured, but so long fingernails is not practical as manual laborer. Lucky they aren't so nocitable in the typical render. Paul Bunyun should not look as if he's headed out to the pedicure place for a day of soaking his feet. laugh

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I've posted about this before, asking the same thing. More realistic hands for men would be great. Some suggested using LIE to add dirt and other things to rough them up. Mortem Vetus did some great detailed skins for M4 that are rougher and craggier. I'm not sure if there's a way to use those just on the hands. I haven't played with the skin blenders and editors yet. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Llynara said:

I'm not sure if there's a way to use those just on the hands. I haven't played with the skin blenders and editors yet. 

You'd have to convert them over to G3M uvs, first...and then attempt it.  Tone matching would be a bear...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

It has gotten so bad I usually dial the hands larger and add a bit of one of the monster or age  presets to make the hands less smooth and supple. Sadly men's hands appear, to be just the female figure's retooled.. elegant hands are great for some men but I would like my guys to look like they use theirs and they shouldn't be elegant and mannequinesque.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

It has gotten so bad I usually dial the hands larger and add a bit of one of the monster or age  presets to make the hands less smooth and supple. Sadly men's hands appear, to be just the female figure's retooled.. elegant hands are great for some men but I would like my guys to look like they use theirs and they shouldn't be elegant and mannequinesque.

I've found using the 'Really Hairy' Hands and Knuckles helps a little.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

The HFS fantasy Shapes pack for genesis 3 males has a good hand morph called

• HFS Hands Knobby

I think it adds a bit of something to genesis 3 male hands.