Problems with Simply Lit using studio 4.5: 64bit

ryu007jpryu007jp Posts: 12

Hello, I was hoping I could get some assistance with an issue I have come up with recently concerning Simply Lit. This may or may not relate to the uber lighting issue. I am using studio 4.5.1.6 and haven't had issues with simply lit using 4.0. Anyways trying to load the light figure into the scene I get what I am guessing is a read error , the figure loads, but I get a message concerning content manager; i.e. I'm guessing make sure it's in the right place, and oddly it changes my background color white.
Message I receive:

One or more files could not be found while loading figure: C:/Daz/Daz Studio/Lights/Simply Lit/Load Base Light.daz. Make sure that your Daz studio content directories are properly set in the Content Library>Options Menu>Content Directory Manager. Please see log files for details. If you save this scene be sure to use File>Save As and save to a new file.

Log file:
Opening file Load Base Light.daz...
Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0_2/environmentSphere_1923/environmentSphere_1923/geometry_7379dd26_9d9b_e398_6c5f_cacc3cda4dad/geometry.dso
File read time: 0 min 0.0 sec.
Building Scene...
Executing DAZ Script file: C:/DAZ/DAZ Studio/Lights/Simply Lit/Indoor Presets/Kitchen_Bright03.dsa
Script executed successfully.
Ran tdlmake on image C:/DAZ/DAZ Studio/Runtime/textures/KC/Environment/Kitchen_Bright.tif

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. On the note of content directory manager how would I update it within Studio?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I'm going to take a stab at it...

I believe that the script is calling a now deprecated function to create the sphere.

If this is a product that was sold through the DAZ store, reset the download and check the version number...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the DS-format and Poser-format categories, and post a screenshot?

• ryu007jpryu007jp Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Heh thanks, I did forget to mention I did precisely that, it's the same version as when I first got it. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Sadly same error.

• ryu007jpryu007jp Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

lesse if i can get this screenshot

ss.jpg
    1260 x 788 - 192K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I've noticed that a couple of other things that use the old method (DS3 era) to create geometry fail with similar errors. Some of them worked in 4.0, but it seems that 4.5 (at least the 4.5.1.6 build) has removed that deprecated method and they now fail. (the LuxrenderDS IBL light is one...but it will load from a saved scene, because the geometry for the sphere already exists.)