Fenric?

My pal... cool Fox from the Den...

Is there any way that we can purchase your plugins, like the Chnage Bone Visibility and such?

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Oh my, store closed.... and I just used it today on a G2M and his bones are still not showing....  what happened?   crying  Silene

http://fenric.com/wordpress/downloads/

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

Select Actor

Do you see those white rigging bones?

If so, use Edit > Fenric > Change Bone Visibility (if not, see below the =======)

Leave the default settings and hit OK

No more bone visibility

============================

Select Actor

Do you see those white rigging bones?

If not (but you want to), use Edit > Fenric > Change Bone Visibility 

There's a little tick box at the bottom for reversing the process: "Make Parts Visible"

But, trust me... that's NOT what we want to do. Getting rid of them is why Fenric made this beautiful tool!

Here's a short article I've written about it at the Carrara Cafe:

Fenric's Change Bone Visibility Plugin - an Article by Dartanbeck

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

yes a very sad loss for Carrara

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

yep, went to the den last week to grab the advanced shader tweaker but alas crying

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I'm OK with it, Dart, poor choice of words, it works for me on G2s. He says on his page about Genesis compatibility problems...but mine works OK. 

I do own the full version and hope it will continue to work indefinitely. I love it and could not do without!  

crying  Silene

SileneUK said:

I'm OK with it, Dart, poor choice of words, it works for me on G2s. He says on his page about Genesis compatibility problems...but mine works OK. 

I do own the full version and hope it will continue to work indefinitely. I love it and could not do without!  

crying  Silene

Same here. I'm so glad I've collected them in time!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

yes I missed buying some inc that hide bone one and the mipmap one

think I own practically everything else

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I posted this in another thread but didn't get a response (maybe nobody knows...) - i purchased a number of Fenric's plugin years some ago, but having had to re-install my system, these plugins need to be registered or activated and I can't work out how. Any suggestions?

it had a key file you had to put in the same folder as the extension

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    PhilW said:

I posted this in another thread but didn't get a response (maybe nobody knows...) - i purchased a number of Fenric's plugin years some ago, but having had to re-install my system, these plugins need to be registered or activated and I can't work out how. Any suggestions?

If you are into Cookie/Chip/Diamond and especially DS you might get a response:

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?104917-Tester-wanted!

Thanks for the link - I have sent him a message.

edited August 2016

I have heard back from him and I now have the keys I needed - I have also alerted him to this thread!

Post edited by PhilW on
  • FenricFenric Posts: 351

I do still live, yes :)  Yes, the store is closed (my hosting provider was also down entirely for a couple of days last week, but that was just a glitch.)

To either buy keys or if you have lost your old ones for any reason, email me: fenric at fenric dot com

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Greetings, Fenric.  Cheers.  Thanks for all the great stuff.

Fenric said:

I do still live, yes :)  Yes, the store is closed (my hosting provider was also down entirely for a couple of days last week, but that was just a glitch.)

To either buy keys or if you have lost your old ones for any reason, email me: fenric at fenric dot com

That's Awesome! My Carrara wouldn't be the same without my Edit > Fenric! Now others can benefit as well!

Thanks Fenric

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Good to see you're still around. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800
    Fenric said:

email sent yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks Fenric, welcome back, glad you are alive

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Glad to see Fenric is still with us.

I have all of his plugins that are available through DAZ they make life so much easier.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Glad to see Fenric is still with us.

I have all of his plugins that are available through DAZ they make life so much easier.

Same here, great stuff.  I'm even venturing into ERC ... surprise

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Ditto on the 'good to see you' and thanks for all you've done sentiments above.

Question for Fenric - maybe a PM is appropriate, if the non-daz-available stuff from your fox-den shop could be made available as an as-is bundle directly from you, it would benefit Daz as a Carrara-life-extender, and benefit us as users who don't yet realize that we can't live without one of your brilliant utilities, etc. - e.g. I don't need an obj exporter right now, but I could totally see how handy that would be if I did someday.

Would you consider such an idea - kind of a close-out bundle sale? I understand if it's not all up to your own and/or Daz' QA standards or market slot for a new product, but it's tragic to have it just fade away.

Again, I think this benefits Daz through continued Carrara use, even if it comes from you direct/as-is with no notable support (other than lost license keys, etc.). I've got shoestring/DCG/Daz/inagoni/etc... tools just because I don't know if they'll someday be gone, and they'll be worth their weight in bitcoins if/when I do need them!...

thanks again, and cheers,

--ms

• VandalayVandalay Posts: 17
    Fenric said:

Awesome! These tools look pretty much essential so I'll be onto you with a shopping cart good sir.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

any new plugins in developement?

plugin news has been very quiet.

horton hears a who. 

we are here!

we are here!

we are here!

Well Fenric has moved on crying

Philemo, I have no idea, he has just stopped participating in the forums though apparently reads them going by his profile 

(yes I stalk the profiles many of the MIA Carrara users as I stumble across posts reminding me they haven't posted in yonks blush)

it's so amazing to unlock duplicate on figures.

makes no sense was locked in the first place.

and the trick to hide or unhide all the bones at one go.

wondering if there a way to set 50% bend limits on the whole skeleton at one go? 
    cuz importing collada loses all the bend limits.  started setting the limits, but 170 bones. pooped out.
    mebbe eveb less than 50 on face bones.

was there a plugin to save a pose to a pz2 ?  might've been bundled into a utility,

something quick and simle to save the current single frame pose of a selected figure ??

• rk66rk66 Posts: 432

Maybe BVHPZ2Exporter?

Download here > https://carraracafe.com/download/8967/

rk66 said:

Maybe BVHPZ2Exporter?

Download here > https://carraracafe.com/download/8967/

thanks.

sadly, i cant read the ligt gray and blue fonts.  its barely a smudge to my eyes. 

While Fenric is correct that BVH/PZ2 Exporter doesn't work for Genesis figures, he was only half right. We can export BVH of Genesis, just not PZ2. I mean, it might export, but the results won't be as expected, if it works at all.

I did successful tests exporting Mimic Pro for Carrara results on Veronica Wr8th to BVH using the plugin - and that's Genesis 8

Rock On!