Installing DAZ 4.5

AlexBarclayAlexBarclay Posts: 0

Hi there,

I am currently running DAZ 4.0 Pro 32 bit, bit I'd definitely like to upgrade to a 64 bit version. I have 4.5 64 bit, and I plan on installing it soon.

However, would it be better for me to uninstall my existing installation of 4.0, as well as all the content I currently have installed (Reinstalling the content would be a 4 hour job, but that's fine), or just open the installer for 4.5 and allow it to install and do everything by itself, leaving my content as it is now?

Specifically for me, I was thinking that since I've played around with the My Library folder for 4.0 in order to get scenes I created on my old computer to work on this one - when I finish working on those scenes, maybe it would be better just to start again from scratch.

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited December 1969

You should certainly uninstall version 4.0 before installing 4.5, but if you want you can have both the 64 and 32 bit versions on your system as long as they have the same version numbers.

Content reinstallation is entirely optional (the base content will be replaced, though, and some items have high res textures instead of the low in the 4.0 content, with different names, which may throw missing file errors when you load saved scenes - but you can fix those by skipping the warnings and then applying the new materials settings).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

You should also uninstall the CMS -- uninstalling DS4.0 doesn't autopmatically uninstall the CMS.

• AlexBarclayAlexBarclay Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Richard and fixmypcmike. Hopefully this info will help others as well.

All the best.